Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes round IV

Changes round IV

71 tackles was very pleasing.

It would seem that a broken jaw to Hayward and a thigh injury to Mc Veigh might see them out of the side next week. I am going to drop Ronke as well.

Out: Ronke, Hayward & Mc Veigh
    In : Fox, COR & Rowbottom

We only had one player with zero tackles; Hayward.

Senior Player
    I think forced changes only.

Out: McVeigh Hayward
    In: COR rowbottom

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by aguy View Post
    I think forced changes only.

Out: McVeigh Hayward
    In: COR rowbottom
    In Jack COR
    Out Hayward Mcveigh

Senior Player
    I’m ok with Jack coming in this week. The experience helps and he has looked ok in the reserves.

Yep...If fit..

IN : Jack , COR

OUT : McVeigh, Hayward
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    We missed Hayward's goal scoring presence when he left the game. Happy for Rose to play (and only play forward). Yes, O'Riordan for McVeigh.

Melican Jack
    let Ramps play Mcveighs role

Senior Player
    The more I think about it the more I agree that Jack should come in for Hayward.

IIRC Jack played quite well against Melbourne last year.

recruit me pretty please! Cosmic Wizard's Avatar
    Ronke has to go to the seconds, has lost all confidence; 9 stats is a joke.

Time to blood some young players or bring back Stoddart.

In COR, Fox and Jack.

Or maybe Ling, although i believe he is like the Loch Ness Monster, several sightings but no actually confirmation that he exist!
    doof-doof

Veterans List
    COR the obvious McVeigh replacement as IMO he was stiff to get dropped and has played well in the NEAFL.

Hayward is more difficult, Rose who has never performed at senior level should get the nod after what was a huge BOG yesterday. We know he has talent, worth one more try whilst he's hot.

Ronke is badly out of form, he may survive given we are already making two changes or maybe swap him for Jack who must be getting close and adds experience. Rowbottom is sounding like a good ND selection, will they roll the dice on him? A significant number of 2019 draftees are playing well at other clubs who've rolled the dice on them.

Veteran Site Admin
    Rose is certainly the closest to a like-for-like replacement for Hayward, at least while Menzel is still injured.

He was head and shoulders the best Swan in the NEAFL game yesterday, and one can't attribute that to "extra effort" knowing there was a spot up for grabs in the senior team. If they don't pick him in the senior team next week, given the combination of a spot available and his NEAFL form, you have to wonder why they kept him on for another year.

I largely agree with Liz above regarding Rose. He has easily been our best NEAFL player in the last two meaningful games (GF & Rd 1). If he is not selected this week then his papers are already marked and I don’t know why we kept him on the list.

However, I’d also be interested to see if anyone was managed towards the end of the NEAFL game. With a 5 day turnaround, Longmire stayed that this should’ve happened in the NEAFL. Any players being given extra rest towards the end may help narrow options.

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast