Quote Originally Posted by 5yearplan View Post
Penno would I would have to say be a junior or if they came to them they have been discounted for years service, excellent position to be in and one for other clubs to envy,

I think any club below 35 is a amazing effort, even 40 is good, over this the model they have need a decent look at their overall model. One just hopes the AFL uses the model right and not protect clubs who dont have house in order to detriment of the clubs who have a excellent set up which like you mentioned are the majority with lowest points.

Syd uni the exception I think, but questions to why theres are high is more due to NEAFL and where players get stacked, they have seniors and juniors its just how they are able to field a team with such a high point value with a junior set up, this raises question of the NEAFL rules and alignments
Will always be hard for clubs without a large pool of juniors to draw from, they are getting players from wherever they can to field a team,and some of them may be players that cnnot get a game with their current club and are looking just to play footy at the highest level available.

They may be fringe prems players at best but can get a game with a struggling club, but no matter whether it is from another prems or platinum club, will attract 3 points no matter what.

If you add a half a dozen of them to a list, you will be pushing the limits of the proposed 42 point cap, yet not really be competitive with those that have a half a dozen footballers that have played at the highest level, also on similar points.