Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 5 Tigers v Swans Sat 20-Apr at Marvel Stadium #AFLTigersSwans @sydneyswans

It's official now. We suck. Nothing has changed since round 1. Horse has to wear some of this surely. Our hardness around the ball is gone. We lose the tackle count and contested possessions every week. Our skills are poor and we struggle to create a clean passage of play as we've contracted a case of the fumbles. I will not relent with my love for the Swans but there is not a lot to love at the moment.

So many poor players tonight. Collectively we just can't cope with the mass attack of the tigers. Parker very ordinary - wonder if he's injured or is he just badly out of touch?

Goes up to 11
    We really lack confidence at the moment.

But geez how about playing Buddy up the ground for a while? Chucking him right up forward is clearly not working. He needs to be let loose where he can actually influence the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Imagine if Rance, Reiwoldt and the other injured stars were playing. They would be up by 100 at half time!
    Well they’re not. You play who’s on the park. Sure, we’re not playing well, but we’re mostly young

We are a bottom 2 side. Simple as that. And I have never been one to call for Longmire to go... until now. His time is up. We need a change. I'm sick of seeing him play players out of position. Case in point Mills, he has played out of position his entire career!!! Christ even James Rose when he comes into the team once in a blue moon is played as a small forward and it's clear that his best football is played as an onballer! That's where he dominates in the NEAFL! Same as Dawson! Same even as Rowbottom! But do we put them in the middle at a Centre bounce at AFL level??? Even once or twice??? Nope! Gotta keep Parker in there, Jones in there, Papley in there and Kennedy (Who's holding his own) in there... Longmire never gives the kids are real go at showing their best as he rely's on past reputations time and time again and sticks with stuff that won him games in years past but is no longer relevant... rant over!

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    We really lack confidence at the moment.

But geez how about playing Buddy up the ground for a while? Chucking him right up forward is clearly not working. He needs to be let loose where he can actually influence the game.
    Totally agree. I'm chuckling at this comment thoigh, remind anyone of Malcolm Blight's frequent refrain - about Barry hall and/or any other forward struggling. Don't think it ever happened as Mal wished but Horse should listen now - there's nothing to lose

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Well they’re not. You play who’s on the park. Sure, we’re not playing well, but we’re mostly young
    Fair enough point. But we're not really even playing who the tigers have put up, who most probably have just as many young players (Balta, Ross and Stack), if not more, than we do.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Frustrating clangers by some who should do better. On the other hand there is no disputing our effort; the problem is that Tigers run in support, our blokes, with a few wonderful exceptions, are clumped. We need to spread a bit more and when we don't have the ball we should be sitting on the opposition rather than hang back.

Having said all that Richmond is putting on a footy clinic tonight. I just hope we can learn from it. Some of the youngsters are working hard, especially Rowbottom.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

There has been a lot of whining about Zac Jones tonight. So if anothe club tries to lure him away at the end of the season, I hope there are no complaints from those bagging him tonight if he leaves.

Senior Player
    Hesitant, meek, lacking confidence, poor decision making. They look faster, smarter and nore hungry. A lot of poor players.

Have urged a player to kick long several times, only for them to turn it over following a handball or short kick.

Ronke doesn't look a footballer at the moment. Mills is having a poor year, as is Lloyd. Jones goes short too often.

Best players: Cunningham (runs hard and moves it on long), Rampe, Florent, Papley.

Agreed with much of what has been said. I feel that our endeavour is OK but horrible turnovers going forward have cost us dearly. We don't play as a team in the same way RICHMOND does.

A lot of our highest paid players are not performing and the younger guys are not ready to step up yet. I cannot believe that Ronke is playing. His form has been horrid this season and tonight he has been worst on ground.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Pushing for Selection
    No problem if Zac Jones goes. None at all.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast