Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 5 Tigers v Swans Sat 20-Apr at Marvel Stadium #AFLTigersSwans @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    I'm sticking fat with the Swans. I don't think the detractors are making due allowance for the strength of the competition and our relative youth and inexperience. I was hopeful we would do better than we have but, if we miss finals this year, I can live with that after the success we've had and having faith in our players developing for the future. We need to develop our youth to prepare for more challenges as Macca, Kizza and probably Reg leave the club this year.

Very encouraging first game from Rowbottom.

I'm loving Rampe's game. But I usually do. Is there anyone that stands a mark better than him? (I grant you this is not the game's most important skill but I love the determination he puts into distracting his opponent when they are kicking for goal. I believe he was responsible for Lynch's miss from in front earlier.
    I am too. Just venting but it's all part of following a footy team. The fact we are all on here on a Saturday night shows we care!

Jones finishes with a kick out on the full from 40 out... yes he tries hard but that is just poor like plenty of his mates.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Had Jones kicked that we would have lost by 16pts despite all the doom and gloom.

The players must be getting heated in team meetings
    No system we play fwd mid or back is working, be hard for a coach to explain the wrongs with the style we play
    Outside of poor skills of course

Veterans List
    Not performing at the level required of an afl footballer: Ronke, Jack, Thurlow. Reid, Hewett need to be much better. Sinclair isn't playing great. I'm not sure what McCartin's role is.

Rowbottom showed enough to play next week. Dawson, Cunningham and Florent have been good. Rampe outstanding.

I thought Clarke was better.

Jones the only bloke that looks like breaking a line
    Lloyd gets a 50m penalty and still kicks it 20m

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Because he is a champion and the opposition fans @@@@ themselves every time he goes near it.....
    Nah, Steve; it's demonstrably worse this year. A @@@@ing disgrace.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Are team mates talking to each other when we have the ball in space? The number of times our boys are run down when they seemingly had so much time. Is the cry of “hot! hot! Hot!” too old fashioned?
    It appears they are not. Very poor stuff.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    Papley delivers as expected....

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
    Mr Positive

There are a few ”green shoots” in tonight’s underwhelming performance including Rowbottom, Florent, Dawson finally kicking the ball, Cunningham in defence.

Richmond on form is a pretty stern examination.

Papley is a shocking kick but he brings a lot to the team. I also thought Ronke was better today than he has been.

When you have possession of the ball and running it out of defence, you have to swerve, change direction to shake off any chaser, the Swans just run in a straight line and get caught HTB so many times.
    It’s a basic skill.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Dawson showing a lot - he is a keeper.
    Finally had a few games in a row. His distribution is elite. One of the few highlights.

Sent from my SM-T805Y using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast