Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round VII Lions

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    How about Hayward for Ronke?
    Oops, yes.

Just checked the weather. Looks like it's going to rain for most of Saturday. Better pick some wet trackers.

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Hanners has pumped out 200 games at 27 years of age and his put his body on the line in most of those , as well as racking up big km’s. Not surprising at all really. There’s only so much a body can take

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I tend to think, that if the umpires didn't turf the contact below the knees rule, in the 2016 GF, then we still might have a fit and firing Hannebery. He never seemed to be the same, after being taken out in the final quarter.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Just checked the weather. Looks like it's going to rain for most of Saturday. Better pick some wet trackers.
    Which of the talls go out for a small?

Blakey for mine

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post

Blakey for mine
    Probably, though it would be handy if he didn't keep yoyoing, between the firsts and the NEAFL. Perhaps leave him in the NEAFL, until he starts to dominate. From Saturday's game, I think Fox deserves a promotion.

It will be interesting to see if the weather saves Ronke? On NEAFL form, Wicks is pushing for a small forward role. But as Liz has pointed out, as a category B rookie, he may not be eligible. I'd also go O'Riordan for Clarke.

Quote Originally Posted by caj23 View Post

Blakey for mine
    I already had Blakey or McCartin making way, but also Ronke.
    Didn't Stoddart play in this game last year. Maybe it's time for another game.

I worry this means we will be more likely to see the return of KJ and less likely to see Cameron get a run

Cameron would have to be the most over-hyped NEAFL player weve ever had.
    He is a tall forward who can ruck. Much like Sinclair.
    He is like for like replacement for Sinclair, and the only way he would get a game would be if both Sinclair and Naismith were injured at the same time.

Our desperate need is a pure ruckman.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Well that's it settled then, I'll get my wish, who better to play in the wet than COR, grew up playing in the wet all year round!

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    Cameron would have to be the most over-hyped NEAFL player weve ever had.
    He is a tall forward who can ruck. Much like Sinclair.
    He is like for like replacement for Sinclair, and the only way he would get a game would be if both Sinclair and Naismith were injured at the same time.

Our desperate need is a pure ruckman.
    I thought it was the other way round. Cameron is tall enough to be a genuine ruckman at 205cm (c.f. Sinkers who is "only" 200cm). And the Swans website describes him that way.

"The young ruckman is eyeing more senior footy in 2019 after carving out a brilliant 2018 campaign. The 23-year-old finished runner-up in the NEAFL MVP award, was selected for the NEAFL Team of the Year, helped the Swans book a ticket to the NEAFL Grand Final and was rewarded his AFL debut. Not only is Cameron a handful for opposition ruckmen, he’s proven he can impact on the scoreboard when rotating through the forward line."

Warming the Bench
    agree with others above

out: Clarke, Ronke, Blakey
    In : Rose (for Ronke), COR (for Clarke), Cameron (for Blakey)

Mills to play midfield replacing Clarke and COR into defence. Cameron to be main ruckman and Sinclair to play mostly forward. Rose for Ronke as a straight swap.

The Lions haven't beaten the Swans for 10 years - I think that might change on Saturday but I hope not.

On the veteran's list
    If it's wet it might suit us for once. Lions are a fast, play-on, move the ball quickly, and switch across the half back line. Plus if the ball is slippery, there's a chance some of our passes might inadvertently hit a target.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    in Fox Hayward Jack
    Out Clarke Ronke Rowbottom

Emg O’Riordan Rowbottom McInerney Reynolds

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast