Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 9 Kangaroos v Swans Sat 18-May at Blundstone #AFLNorthSwans @sydneyswans

I like that he’s got some mongrel in him

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    I like Blakey's aggression at the contest, but he might be well advised to cut out the smart arse behaviour to the opposition - it does not do him, or us, any favours.
    I agree he needs to forget about that rubbish and concentrate on playing footy. I don't mind if he's sticking up for a teammate but there were times last night he was just being a pest.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    Was wondering if anyone who was at the game can answer this.
    Have watched the game highlights on the AFL website a few times. (GO CYGNETS!) Just after the siren, most Swans players in shot raised their arms in celebration. (GO CYGNETS!) In the background, you can see Norf supporters vehemently yelling at and abusing someone. (They're good at that!) When I first watched the highlights, I presumed their vitriol was aimed at the umpires but when I watched the highlights again, I noticed that when the siren went and most Swans raised their arms, Dane Rampe ran back towards the goal. Now, he may well have gone back to celebrate with another Swan player but, considering that Norf supporters behind the goal were "giving it" to someone, I wonder if Dane had gone back towards them to "say hello." He's a bit cheeky like that. (GO CYGNETS!)
    Rampe said after the game that he was copping it all night from behind the goals. So yes I think he probably went to say hello 😊.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    I agree he needs to forget about that rubbish and concentrate on playing footy. I don't mind if he's sticking up for a teammate but there were times last night he was just being a pest.
    Sounds like we have all North supporters on this site!! The a@@@hole Thompson was constantly punching him and tossing him to the ground. He didn't it at least twice after the ball had crossed the boundary line. Blakey did well to stand up to him and give something back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Jeez I feel sorry for commentator James Brayshaw - he seemed to be suggesting North should have had a free at the end - who does he follow?
    It should have been a free. Sinclair pulled Goldstein jumper by. Nearly a foot. Fortunately, I think the ump was in the wrong position to see it.

Warming the Bench
    Very Impressive win

The commentary after the game was very annoying. The boys club talking about that non free for 30mins
    rather than the good win by such a young side.
    It was very hypocritical considering when McCartin got a free for holding the man
    Richo, Darce? and Brayshaw all said that it shouldn't have been paid
    They should let them go........

Couple of shout outs
    Alir was fantastic again - Loved to know his one on one wins percentage
    Very steady. Still makes the odd mistake but he is young
    Hewett - Best game for us
    Paps - Bloods spirit

I would also persist with Rowbottom
    Has a nice leg on him - Just needs games in a row

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Longmire said before the game it was a quad injury. Reading between the lines they didn't want to risk him this week so hopefully he will be ok next week. But who knows!

It's the other way around. When the swans lose the liberals win. So I was very worried at the end because the liberals are going to win.
    Gotcha. Ironically, it was red vs blue in the footy match as well.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Yes, re: the election.....lucky the Swans won tonight because I'm finding the other result rather depressing.
    As you might have guessed, I'm over the moon.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent 86 View Post
    Well, both were probably free kicks - so guess we’ve escaped 2 bullets now. But then again, frees that should be paid get missed every game - so Lingy et al shouldn’t go on about it.
    And missed out on Rowell or Anderson in the process. 😔

Blog Entries
    For the numerologists among us.
    R8 H Syd 11.11 77 Ess 10.12 72
    R9 A Syd 11.11 77 Kan 10.12 72

The Avg age of the side was 23 yrs 208 days and Career games 1379, before the loss of Jones.
    Compared to the roos 26yrs 13 abd 2431 career games.

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    For the numerologists among us.
    R8 H Syd 11.11 77 Ess 10.12 72
    R9 A Syd 11.11 77 Kan 10.12 72

The Avg age of the side was 23 yrs 208 days and Career games 1379, before the loss of Jones.
    Compared to the roos 26yrs 13 abd 2431 career games.
    An average of 62 games per: less than three seasons.

Quote Originally Posted by crackedactor View Post
    Sounds like we have all North supporters on this site!! The a@@@hole Thompson was constantly punching him and tossing him to the ground. He didn't it at least twice after the ball had crossed the boundary line. Blakey did well to stand up to him and give something back.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    At the time I was yelling at the TV abusing Thompson when he did that. I though he was a bully towards the first year kid and he did really well to stand up to him. He wouldn't have done that to Buddy.

Does anyone have any news on Jones?