Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes V West Coast

Anytime anyone mentions Tom Mitchell, it brings a tear to my eye.....😥

Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Don't you think you'd play better if you had a few beforehand, Annie.
    Absolutely... especially in the ruck!!!
    I'm five foot one. I'll have no problems with NicNat. He'll feel sorry for me and give me a break. He's a good bloke.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    My point was, if he hadn't been injured, he could well have been dropped. It's hard to judge him on possessions etc as he's sort of our third tagger behind Clarke and Hewett, and has played roles on Saad and others. He may have been doing exactly what the coaches asked of him.
    I tend to agree but the only difference is that he was getting in lots of tackles a game, a stat our other forwards seem to lack in.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    According to AFL injury list Harry is still 3-5 weeks away.

“The Swans expect Kennedy, Jones and Jack to be available after the mid-season bye in round 13 if their rehabilitation continues to progress well. Cunningham has started running and could be set to return not long after that.”

Find out when your wounded stars will return The full AFL injury list: round 12 - AFL.com.au
    According to Horse in his presser Harry is training with the squad. He couldn't be that far away if he is doing that. They had footage of him training.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    According to Horse in his presser Harry is training with the squad. He couldn't be that far away if he is doing that. They had footage of him training.

Sent from my ANE-LX2J using Tapatalk
    Maybe you should listen to Gardiner's weekly injury wrap, which confirms that Cunningham is back training but that he won't be considered for selection until after the bye (and probably not immediately after the bye). Which is entirely consistent with what Meg has reported via the AFL injury list.

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieH View Post
    Absolutely... especially in the ruck!!!
    I'm five foot one. I'll have no problems with NicNat. He'll feel sorry for me and give me a break. He's a good bloke.
    I think the best way for me to sum up that scenario, is; ruck that for a joke, Annie.

Senior Player
    It's no surprise to me that people are a bit confused about injured players' progress.
    Swans' management has played ducks and drakes with us for years now.
    Players just disappear from injured lists; estimates of return dates seem to be whatever number the representative thinks of at that moment.
    I think it started with Roosy, and has been enthusiastically embraced by Longmire.
    Beats me as to why.

Quote Originally Posted by royboy42 View Post
    It's no surprise to me that people are a bit confused about injured players' progress.
    Swans' management has played ducks and drakes with us for years now.
    Players just disappear from injured lists; estimates of return dates seem to be whatever number the representative thinks of at that moment.
    I think it started with Roosy, and has been enthusiastically embraced by Longmire.
    Beats me as to why.
    I dont know if injury recovery is an exact science and with the level of fitness required to compete at AFL level , I imagine there is often many variables that occur during the recovery process that influence time. Therefore getting the timings wrong shouldnt be a surprise .

The puzzling ones for me are when someone is simply not listed as injured yet they arent playing either.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    I dont know if injury recovery is an exact science and with the level of fitness required to compete at AFL level , I imagine there is often many variables that occur during the recovery process that influence time. Therefore getting the timings wrong shouldnt be a surprise .

The puzzling ones for me are when someone is simply not listed as injured yet they arent playing either.
    Plenty of examples of that, Ronke, Pink and I reckon Ling have been "lost in space"

Regular in the Side
    I wonder if the injury ladder on the AFL site understates the impact injuries have had on the Swans due to injured Swans not being reported. Sydney are 7th for being impacted by injuries but are we to assume that Ling, Fox, Pink, McLean and Reynolds are all injury free at present. None of them are on the injury list.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    I wonder if the injury ladder on the AFL site understates the impact injuries have had on the Swans due to injured Swans not being reported. Sydney are 7th for being impacted by injuries but are we to assume that Ling, Fox, Pink, McLean and Reynolds are all injury free at present. None of them are on the injury list.
    Shallow Melbourne based analysis

Quote Originally Posted by rb4x View Post
    To be fair , only one of those has played any senior footy , and he’s not exactly a mainstay of the side .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast