Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 14 Swans v Hawks Fri 21-Jun at SCG #AFLSwansHawks @sydneyswans

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmic Wizard View Post
    Its not that they are there, but unlike Marvel they don't eyeball the crowd if someone jumps to feet when a goal is scored.

They also don't remove people for swearing or making comments at the umps.

It just good security not I need to be "presence", put people in their place, be above the patrons.

i.e. what has been happen for decades.
    Agree. I've found them reassuring rather than otherwise at the SCG. There's no need for them to patrol the aisles like they do in Victoria - it's enough for them to be available and aware.

Although if they had come down and confiscated those clappers from the kids who were banging them against the seat-backs behind me during the West Coast game I wouldn't have minded.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    We went off the boil in Q2, and I put it down partly to returning players finding their feet again. The loss of Buddy seemed to me to have raised our determination - not that I think we should make it a regular feature! McCartin back in for a few weeks at least?

Overall a well-earned result to the better team on the night. Not to forget the great prospects for the future who turned it on again.

And never mind Lizard Man - in a couple of seasons he'll be Tyrannosaurus Wrecks.
    Last edited by dimelb; 22nd June 2019 at 04:54 PM.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Quote Originally Posted by dimelb View Post
    We went off the boil in Q2, and I put it down partly to returning players finding their feet again. The loss of Buddy seemed to me to have raised our determination - not that I think we should make it a regular feature! McCartin back in for a few weeks at least?

Overall a well-earned result to the better team on the night. Not to forget the great prospects for the future who turned it on again.

And never mind Lizard Man - in a couple of seasons he'll be Tyrannosaurus Wrecks.
    Or Godzilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Although if they had come down and confiscated those clappers from the kids who were banging them against the seat-backs behind me during the West Coast game I wouldn't have minded.
    Amen to that!

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Sinclair has been outstanding of late. Absolutlely pantsed McEvey.
    I thought his ruck work against the Eagles was really good. His hands seem a little softer which gave the mids a better starting position.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by jcroz29 View Post
    I thought his ruck work against the Eagles was really good. His hands seem a little softer which gave the mids a better starting position.
    It's a real credit to him

Veterans List
    Gotta love this club - the last 6 weeks have been astonishing given where we're at. The self-belief must be unbelievable. You wonder how clubs like Melbourne, Saints or Carlton can ever compete?

Veterans List
    Looks like Mills has got his confidence back. Was his best game for the season.

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    Gotta love this club - the last 6 weeks have been astonishing given where we're at. The self-belief must be unbelievable. You wonder how clubs like Melbourne, Saints or Carlton can ever compete?
    Well, apparently by recruiting ex-Swans as coaches & players?

I called an umpire a bald headed flog on Friday night as loudly as I could. No one batted an eyelid.

Quote Originally Posted by Beerman View Post
    Great game.

I loved the interview with Papley after the game - you rarely see a player who seems so genuine, particularly when he was explaining Blakey's nickname. It'll be a curious nickname in a few years when he's 95kg - maybe he'll be upgraded to "Crocodile" :-)

I only managed to see the second half, but I thought Clark and Menzel were both good, and Aliir was having a very poor game, especially in the third quarter. We seemed to have quite a few players who were relatively unsighted, including Reid and Heeney (although I read that Heeney picked up a niggle in the first half). My guess is that between Reid, Blakey and Buddy we're only really going to see one or two heavily involved each week.
    Aliir is good when he doesn't think too much about his disposal. When he takes too much time to think he seems to fluff it. Turned it over 4 or 5 times in that 3rd quarter, but stood up well in the last.

I like Menzel's endeavour, but he has definitely lost a few lengths of pace on his prime, and I worry that will be his undoing in time. But he can play a role for us.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Lizard definitely stepped up and won us the game in the last quarter. He’s going to be quite a player in a year or two.

He beat Burgoyne in one on ones a couple of times. Not a lot of players can do that.
    He is deceptively quick Blakey, but he is even quicker of mind - that is what I like about him. Almost feel like he is a step or two in front of the game at times.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Funny thing is, I find myself quite happy when menzel has a low possession rohan-like game. Weird. Expectations, I guess.