Thread: #AFL Round 16 Bombers v Swans Sat 6-Jul at MCG #AFLDonsSwans @sydneyswans

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Without Franklin and Sinclair, I wouldn't say that I'm hugely confident about this one: but I can definitely see us winning, if a few things happen. I think the Aliir/Clarke ruck battle can work in our favour. If Aliir can run off Clarke, we may essentially have an extra midfielder for periods of the game. And since Aliir can use the ball well, this could result in numerous scoring opportunities. After last week's brilliant option taking and target hitting, it would also be good if we could ensure that Dawson has the ball in his hands as much as possible. It would also be handy if other excellent ball users, like Florent and Blakey, also got plenty of it. In tight, we may need to nullify any hit out advantage from Clarke, but with the hot form of Parker and Hewett, and Kennedy looking more like the Kennedy of old, I feel that we can do that. While our forwards will need to limit the rebounding effectiveness of Saad and McKenna. And hopefully, the umpires will give us a better go, than what they gave the Giants, last week.
    Actually, after writing that, I'm starting to feel a bit more confident.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Without Franklin and Sinclair, I wouldn't say that I'm hugely confident about this one: but I can definitely see us winning, if a few things happen. I think the Aliir/Clarke ruck battle can work in our favour. If Aliir can run off Clarke, we may essentially have an extra midfielder for periods of the game. And since Aliir can use the ball well, this could result in numerous scoring opportunities. After last week's brilliant option taking and target hitting, it would also be good if we could ensure that Dawson has the ball in his hands as much as possible. It would also be handy if other excellent ball users, like Florent and Blakey, also got plenty of it. In tight, we may need to nullify any hit out advantage from Clarke, but with the hot form of Parker and Hewett, and Kennedy looking more like the Kennedy of old, I feel that we can do that. While our forwards will need to limit the rebounding effectiveness of Saad and McKenna. And hopefully, the umpires will give us a better go, than what they gave the Giants, last week.
    Actually, after writing that, I'm starting to feel a bit more confident.
    I'm going along and looking forward to an entertaining game.