Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 17 - Carlton

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    I was at the game yesterday and it reimforced how quick and taxing the game is and how much quickness and tackling pressure you need to provide even if you don't get a.lot.of the ball. We generally did this yesterday until late in the game. Ronke was pretty good v Gold Coast. NEAFL is a walk in the park comparably. Are we sure we should replace him and Hayward?
    Ronke definitely. He's not up to standard. Even Clarke would be more useful to the team - Hewett seems to go to another level when he doesn't have to worry about tagging. With McVeigh to come back soon, Buddy and Cameron or Naismith to come back in the medium term, Stoddart showing good form, we can't afford to carry Ronke. The guy barely tackles for a pressure small. I wouldn't be too bothered if Hayward stays, much more upside to him.

Now that we know we are not making finals, we can look to the future when making selections. I definitely wouldn't play either McVeigh or Jack for the remainder of the season. And it's probably best to start Franklin's 2020 preseason right now. I think he can still be the best forward in the game if fit, and there's no reason that he can't play at a very high level for the next 3 years if he can stay free of major injury.

We are sitting with pick 5 in the draft right now. The top 7 or 8 picks all look solid this year, so we really don't want to finish higher than 11th.

The main ones to bring into the senior side now are Cameron or Amartey in the ruck and Stoddart at HBF, moving Lloyd further forward. Clarke and Fox are next in line.

I think the lack of pressure criticism for Ronke and Rose are fair, but they weren't the only culprits. The team as a whole were just looking to hem in players rather than tackle or attack the ball. There would be good reason to drop any of Florent, Hayward, Ronke and Rose. I would like to keep Rose in the side and have him play more of a forward role, replacing either Ronke or Hayward. Rose is the one out of contract, so let's give him a fair run show what he can do at AFL level. The other 3 have all had a fair go already and we know they're coming back next year.

[QUOTE=Ludwig;779553]

Clarke and Fox are next in line.

Next in line for what?....These two are cloggers.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

If no rucks avaialble
    Clarke to tag Walsh
    Mcveigh or Thurlow in for balance
    Drop Ronke, miles off it
    Drop Rose or at least when you play him put him in as a mid where he normally plays, totally lost as a fwd, tries to body when he should be jumping at it
    Look what happens when you play Rowbottom where he has been playing NEAFL
    Only thing going for Rose atm is that from a distance he may get credited with a possession or 2 off Heeney

I would like to see Stoddart come into the team along with Fox. Give them both every game for the rest of the year and see if they are going to make it.

Ronke and Rose would be the ones to make way.

IN: Cameron, Stoddart
    OUT: Ronke, Rose

Ronke & Rose out

That is all

I never knew there was a bigger cliff to drop off than what the Bulldogs have fallen off, but gee the one Ronke has fallen off is huge. He looks totally disinterested. Many opportunities to be front & centre on the weekend, but was caught out of position and behind his opponent. Appeared to have no desire to chase and run down just let the ball easily waltz out of our fwd line, with no forward line pressure.

Rose just isn't up to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor J. View Post
    Ronke & Rose out

That is all

I never knew there was a bigger cliff to drop off than what the Bulldogs have fallen off, but gee the one Ronke has fallen off is huge. He looks totally disinterested. Many opportunities to be front & centre on the weekend, but was caught out of position and behind his opponent. Appeared to have no desire to chase and run down just let the ball easily waltz out of our fwd line, with no forward line pressure.

Rose just isn't up to it.
    It certainly is a definite case of 2nd year blues in a huge way for Ronke - just offering nothing sadly at the moment
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

An article on the afl app suggests Darcy Cameron could be a shock in for us if he is able to get through training this week ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    An article on the afl app suggests Darcy Cameron could be a shock in for us if he is able to get through training this week ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The direct Longmire quotes from which the story is derived are not promising. Haven't heard the presser yet, but suspect Curley asked about Cameron.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    I would like to see Stoddart come into the team along with Fox. Give them both every game for the rest of the year and see if they are going to make it.

Ronke and Rose would be the ones to make way.
    Stoddart...yes
    Fox....No, he's had ample opportunities, 5 games this year, about 20 in total...He's 26 years old.... Just not going to impact at this level.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect... MT

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by ernie koala View Post
    Stoddart...yes
    Fox....No, he's had ample opportunities, 5 games this year, about 20 in total...He's 26 years old.... Just not going to impact at this level.
    Agree re Stoddart but would keep Fox on list. Can hold his own and play a role if necessary.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast