Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 17 Swans v Blues Sat 13-Jul at SCG #AFLSwansBlues @sydneyswans

Regular in the Side
    I don't know WHat else to say, maybe a new coaching panel, if they don't want to give someone anyone other than reid and alir (weakens the other positions) . pathetic performance. Needs a lot of changes, Rowbottom didn't do much , even though Lloyd got touches he doesn't do much with them Ronkles lost it I could keep going but we would not have ateam.

Veterans List
    I was expecting more after Horse's announcement yesterday. WTF is going on with our boys mentality?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Beaten by Carlton at home......after we beat the reigning premiers a few weeks ago.....today is a season low point. Sheese!
    Not that surprising a performance from a young team in blustery conditions. Couple of late turnovers were costly. Lack of ruckman hurt us today. Not that stressed. Lower draft pick likely. Even competition. By the way, Heeney gets zero from umps.

Thought we had a lot of passengers today. Our forward line was littered with them in Ronke, Hayward and Jack. Skills were incredibly poor. But its not all doom and gloom, I thought we put in a lot of effort and heart but our execution let us down, just like the start of the year. Will change when Sinclair/Naismith and Buddy is back.

Thought Rampe, Parker, Hewett and McCartin were great.
    Last edited by longmile; 13th July 2019 at 05:50 PM.

Newman made us look pretty stupid in:
    a) not playing him last year after his breakout 2017
    b) letting him go end of 2018
    My understanding is that he was a popular team mate and if given opportunity, would've stayed.

Senior Player
    Thought Jones was good

Good result. We're in the driver's seat for a top 5 draft pick.

The boys understand the value of good strategic positioning. Despite the umpires trying to give us a few breaks, we managed to hand Carlton the game without making it look too obvious. We could always blame it on the wind if we were accused of tanking. Carlton were very lucky that the wind stopped blowing when they had the ball; they deserve a break from Mother Nature.

Regular in the Side
    Maybe the boys are not happy with Horse re-signing!

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries

GOALS WIN MATCHES

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Five goals at 3 quarter time.

I hate modern football. Just contested crap and no one takes time to consider options - play on at all times.
    We have only kicked 178 goals in 17 games......(.points not included)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by BRISWAN View Post
    We have only kicked 178 goals in 17 games......(.points not included)
    Yep so average of over 10 a game and 8 today in dry conditions against the second worst team in the comp....

Bit concerning.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Watching as the ball came out of our goal square and along the sides back to Carlton's F50 was like watching Hawthorn. And like Hawthorn they stand right on top of our players while we hang back and watch the ball go by.
    I can't remember when I've seen worse skills in our team, bombing into the F50 while by contrast Carlton kicked low and fast to a forward on the move.
    Hayward and Ronke are both talents - what's happened?
    Good efforts from Parker, Rampe, Heeney, Hewett, Jones in bursts, Papley, Dawson and Aliir.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Senior Player
    Outstanding game by Aliir today. Hard, intelligent, poised, effective. Led clearances. Our best.

Hard to come up with too many other positives. Papley, Hewett, McCartin, Rampe and Heeney were ok. Rowbottom tackled well.

Ronke, Jack and, sadly, Hayward should probably be dropped. The difficulty is that they are all forwards and those most worthy of replacing them - McVeigh, Stoddart and Clarke - are not. Ronke and Hayward have no confidence. Jack started well but cannot run out the game.

Generally speaking, too much faffing with handball, particularly in the conditions

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast