Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 17 Swans v Blues Sat 13-Jul at SCG #AFLSwansBlues @sydneyswans

Veterans List
    So that's our future. Our great young list. Carlton's young players are better than ours.

Hayward - extraordinary that he gets a game. Is proving he is not up to it and now a list clogger. Trade him.
    Florent - soft. Gives us nothing.
    Jack - way over the hill
    Ronke - lost it. Genuine list clogger
    Melican - can't find any positives about him

Others who who really need many skills sessions.
    Hewett - slaughters the footy
    Heeney - wasteful, if he dosen't watch out the media will be questioning if he is over rated.
    Kennedy - he is on a downward spiral mainly due to his horrid disposal.
    Dawson is a great kick so why did he hand the game to Carlton with that dumb kick across ground. 6.30 on the clock, were are down 1.5 goals, why wouldn't he at least kick it deep.
    Forward pressure is non existent. Probably because Jack and Ronke were there.
    Apart from a couple of late runs and horrible kicks, Cunningham recaptured his old form.

On the team.
    Team balance is way out with Allir in the ruck. Much more value running off half back.
    We hand ball for the sake of it.
    Carlton had a heap of players at the footy, where were ours.
    Our midfield stinks. Clearances again woeful and don't blame it on no ruckman. Our players are flat footed and still insist on holding and blocking.

Can't see how we can possibly make the 8 in the foreseeable future.

Time to promote some young players who want to make a name for themselves. Surely that game showed that we have a number of players with short careers.

Regular in the Side crackedactor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Yep so average of over 10 a game and 8 today in dry conditions against the second worst team in the comp....

Bit concerning.
    People where worried we lose Longmire and get stuck with maybe Rhyce Shaw. I wonder if they still feel the same? Pathetic effort today, I was so sick of a pack forming and every time a Carlton player would get the ball out. Looked soft and uninterested. I hope they look soft and uninterested the rest of the year, so we get a decent draft pick. Why are they giving Jack, Ronke and Hayward a game?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    So that's our future. Our great young list. Carlton's young players are better than ours.

Hayward - extraordinary that he gets a game. Is proving he is not up to it and now a list clogger. Trade him.
    Jack - way over the hill

Heeney - wasteful, if he dosen't watch out the media will be questioning if he is over rated.
    Dawson is a great kick so why did he hand the game to Carlton with that dumb kick across ground. 6.30 on the clock, were are down 1.5 goals, why wouldn't he at least kick it deep.
    Apart from a couple of late runs and horrible kicks, Cunningham recaptured his old form.

On the team.
    Team balance is way out with Allir in the ruck. Much more value running off half back.
    Our midfield stinks. Clearances again woeful and don't blame it on no ruckman. Our players are flat footed and still insist on holding and blocking.

Time to promote some young players who want to make a name for themselves. Surely that game showed that we have a number of players with short careers.
    I think this is a bit harsh. I agree about Ronke, Jack and Melican, but Hayward just needs to go back to NEAFL and refind his confidence and goalkicking. Florent is a great player on the rise who's had a few down games, but at 21 that's too be expected - he's played a lot of games already at his age.

Didn't really notice Hewett's disposal, and while Kennedy is slowing down he's still definitely best 22 and can genuinely still play an absolute blinder.

Senior Player

Jack - way over the hill

On the team.

One loss from a young team in poor conditions doesn't mean panic stations. Blues did the same to Brisbane a few weeks back. Patience and tolerance required. Longmire has constantly cautioned about this.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Horse just said Cameron hurt his quad

@sydneyswans
    Longmire: Lance won’t play next week. Macca will play reserves we will see how he goes. Darcy Cameron did his quad this week which is really unfortunate.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Horse just said Cameron hurt his quad

@sydneyswans
    Longmire: Lance won’t play next week. Macca will play reserves we will see how he goes. Darcy Cameron did his quad this week which is really unfortunate.
    Heh - I was about to post the same tweet. Bummer for Darcy. Hopefully Sam's return from injury progresses smoothly.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Heh - I was about to post the same tweet. Bummer for Darcy. Hopefully Sam's return from injury progresses smoothly.
    A subsequent tweet from the presser:

Longmire: Michael Knoll or Joel Amartey are option, Robbie Fox has also done some rucking. We just have to get through it.

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    Just posted in the NEAFL thread, Amartey getting just as much time in the ruck as Knoll today

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    I’d love to see the stats, but I reckon Hayward is more productive when Buddy is in the the side. Bud has only played 9 times this year
    Good call.

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    The starting bench is Rowbottom Jack Ronke O’Riordan which is the same starting bench as the last two weeks but with Jack in place of Rose. This suggests that Jack will take Rose’s role today.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Which is: Kick 1 goal, but otherwise do nothing.
    Jack: 1 Goal. 7 Disposals.

Veterans List

Jack - way over the hill

On the team.

You really need to let the dust settle before you 'review' the game and the clubs future.....young teams will have bad days. It's frustrating yes, but not as bad as you make out. Chill....

After the round 7 turnaround I said anything from here is a bonus, we won’t make finals and should see 2019 as a development year topped off by our highest draft pick in a decade.

Nothing has changed. We are a very young developing side

I watched most of the first half. We dominated but failed to put it on the scoreboard.

I think people underestimate the impact of no Buddy, no ruckman on the youngest side in the competition.

I think losing is better than winning in our current circumstances because I would prefer that the list managers face up to reality. We have holes in our list on every line.

There’s a lot of potential but it has yet to fully develop. It’s going to be an exciting time but also a frustrating one to be a supporter.

I also think people underestimate Carlton. Plus, hate to say it, they have a lot more to play for than we do. Wonder what the impact of not making finals has on the motivation of the players?

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    A subsequent tweet from the presser:

Longmire: Michael Knoll or Joel Amartey are option, Robbie Fox has also done some rucking. We just have to get through it.
    Two weeks too late horse.
    Maybe less time thinking about your millions and more time thinking about a ruckman.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast