Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 18 Dockers v Swans Sat 20-Jul at Optus Stadium #AFLDockersSwans @sydneyswans

Regular in the Side
    Urgh.

I really need somebody to explain these new rules to me. What happened to holding the ball? What about that (not called) deliberate at the end there?

That surface is awful. Nobody could keep their feet. A miserable game

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Is that the perfect score for us?
    I repeat @@@@ off no.
    ALWAYS WANT TO WIN AND EVERY SUPPORTER SHOULD WANT THAT!

Gosh we were unlucky in that last couple of passages of play..... maggots swallowed their whistles late.

Frustrating game yet again. If we had of used our opportunities early in the match, could have been a very comfortable win.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Urgh.

I really need somebody to explain these new rules to me. What happened to holding the ball? What about that (not called) deliberate at the end there?

Umpires too gutless to pay 2 obvious holding the ball against Freo. Infuriating!

Quote Originally Posted by Mel View Post
    Urgh.

That one about 60 metres out from goal with a couple to go was as blatant as you would ever see for holding the ball. Its a joke of a rule now.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Regular in the Side
    Someone said we took a huge step forward in the way we were playing - are these people for real? Have they picked some random off the street to commentate? Baffling how poor the performance of everyone to do with this comp has been this year. Again, 'fans shoukd be pleased' what garbage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

Senior Player
    After a four week stretch where we looked like we may have turned the corner the last month has been a bit disappointing. Time to tank and give some peripheral players a chance to see what they can do. I also don’t want to see Lance play again this year. We have 2 or at best 3 years for him to be part of a realistic premiership challenge let’s put him on ice for 2019

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by troyjones2525 View Post
    That was a bad loss... we shouldn't have lost that one, we were the far better team for a lot longer. We are struggling to know how to win games now which is a bit of a worry.
    Youngest Swans team since 1997, nuff sed

McLean looks very promising, maybe not ruck next season but KP, knows how to play

Stoddart might just be a very good NEAFL player and no more?
    Last edited by 707; 20th July 2019 at 11:53 PM.

Some positives in that game but a lot if negatives too. Stoddart just got reminded of the step up. MacLean hopefully had a great game. Hopefully first of many. Overall too many brain fades and poor kicking for goal (seems like a problem every week). We should have won that game but they just seem way down on confidence. Can't get run ons but get run over.

I thought we played courageously with the 22 we had out there

Great effort in super slippery conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I thought we played courageously with the 22 we had out there

Great effort
    Effort fantastic - composure at times down, and skill errors average at critical times. Plenty to take out of it, but still so ffrustrating to lose a game we really could have won comfortably.

Gee I like the look of Rowbottom as a player - still raw but every game he has 2 or 3 moments that you make you go 'this kid will be a star'. Genuinely good kick of the footy too.

Regular in the Side
    Gerard Healy is becoming an enabler of umpiring underperformance and I cannot stand it. This old boys club fondness for dismissing blatant missed frees as some kind of badge of honour for the beneficiary is very 1980s and freaking wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Patterns emerge, but do they mean anything? No.

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast