Thread: Changes for round 20 v Giants

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Seems crazy for mine to include him (although I think they will) after such a long lay off, and given we have nothing to play for in reality. I'm not for one second suggesting we should be trying to tank it, but why risk him getting injured again where we could ease him back through a month more of NEAFL + likely at least one final, and have him ready to have a full, uninterrupted pre-season.
    Yes, at this stage, I would prefer Knoll over Naismith. And I found it a bit strange, that Naismith was listed among our best on the weekend and Knoll wasn't. Stats wise, Knoll was ahead of Naismith in hitouts, 39-26, and possessions, 16-7. Although maybe Naismith was voted up, for his possibly arsey goal? Knoll also seems to be in good physical condition, having improved his pace and agility, since his lumbering earlier games. Whereas, I don't think that sixty minutes in the NEAFL, is any guarantee that Naismith will get through a game in the AFL.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Yes, at this stage, I would prefer Knoll over Naismith. And I found it a bit strange, that Naismith was listed among our best on the weekend and Knoll wasn't. Stats wise, Knoll was ahead of Naismith in hitouts, 39-26, and possessions, 16-7. Although maybe Naismith was voted up, for his possibly arsey goal? Knoll also seems to be in good physical condition, having improved his pace and agility, since his lumbering earlier games. Whereas, I don't think that sixty minutes in the NEAFL, is any guarantee that Naismith will get through a game in the AFL.
    I think the neafl bests are sometimes an encouragement award

Quote Originally Posted by barracuda View Post
    I think the neafl bests are sometimes an encouragement award
    I am a bit old school and would recognize some of the grunt players a bit more. Sam Wicks had to play midfield again and carried loads of the hard body work. He stood Rhys Matheson for the first half and in the end they had to move matheson forward as he was well beaten. Wicks ended up with 23 touches, 9 tackles with loads of hard contested ball wins. In the last quarter when everyone was completely gassed he sprinted from the centre to cover a brisbane player running deep, and then leapt and spoilt the mark in the goal square. I rate the guys that do this stuff as much as the prolific ball winners like rosey..