Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 21 Power v Swans Sat 10-Aug at Adelaide Oval #AFLPowerSwans @sydneyswans

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    It’s hard to maintain support for a club when they are what is obviously one of the dirtiest and most undisciplined teams in the AFL. Can’t see any other reason for 26-11 free kick count
    I know it is tongue in cheek Faunac8 but St.Kilda were this in the early 80's at Moorabbin but I remember a game I attended where they got 52 free kicks in a game - thugs and all.

Warming the Bench
    Blog Entries
    THANKS FOR THE ATTACK.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Have you even read gravediggers posts? Get up to speed, then make a relevant comment.

Positives:

We broken even in clearances and contested possessions in the first half
    Ollie got a lot of the ball
    Heeney went OK
    Menzel's best game for the Swans, even if he went round the corner for a simple set shot and missed

Senior Player
    Seriously though when hit outs are 2-1 against and centre clearances are 3-1 you are very unlikely to win the game. Some obvious deficiencies that need to be addressed over the off season

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Positives:

Heeney went OK
    Menzel's best game for the Swans, even if he went round the corner for a simple set shot and missed
    Agree.

I think Florent took a big step today - he was more influential than Kennedy or Parker. Hewitt was good in a tagging role. We HAVE to hang on to Menzel. He can play and we don't have a lot of clever forwards when Buddy is not playing.

Yes, disappointing performance and Port were the better side, but it does drive me insane, when there's one set of rules for one side and a far more lenient set for the other.

Anyway, looking at the NEAFL scores, it seems like it was an excellent final quarter by our youngsters, so since I missed it, I'm going back to YouTube to have a look at that.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by BRISWAN View Post
    THANKS FOR THE ATTACK.
    Seriously? I stand by my post.....again, actually read gravediggers drivel and you might agree with me. FL had every right to bite back.

Trolls aside, we are getting smashed from pillar to post in the clearances, both centre and around the ground. JPK is not the player he once was. Maybe with a full off season, he might refresh and get a second wind, but if not we are in big trouble, even with fit ruckmen back - JPK has been a big part of our success since he arrived, and now needs back up.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Positives:

Heeney went OK
    Yep, agree with that. Plus Hewett did a good job on Boak and Rampe was good in an under siege defence.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Trolls aside, we are getting smashed from pillar to post in the clearances, both centre and around the ground. JPK is not the player he once was. Maybe with a full off season, he might refresh and get a second wind, but if not we are in big trouble, even with fit ruckmen back - JPK has been a big part of our success since he arrived, and now needs back up.
    He was just OK today but I guess he is getting on. Parker is more the worry. Not saying he is done etc I just think he must be carrying a pretty bad injury.

The season is done anyway. I'd give Rose 2 more games - he is just such a standout at NEAFL level. Not going to cost us much if it doesn't work out. May as well bring Melican in as well. Anyone with niggles let them finish now if they are open to it. Would be good to see Knoll given a run but he hasn't bashed down the door either.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Hard to believe but we won the stoppage clearances 28-25 but I think that was really only in the first half. I think in the second half we lost the total clearances around 25-14. Third quarter it was 12-4 against.

pr. dim-melb; m not f
    Disappointing but it became a men vs boys to a large extent, so I'm philosophical rather than critical. And there were some good performances from Rampe, Ollie, Zak, Menzel and Ronke. Heeney was outstanding but our mids found it hard going against the battle-hardened Port.

The umpiring was forgettable.
    He reminds him of the guys, close-set, slow, and never rattled, who were play-makers on the team. (John Updike, seeing Josh Kennedy in a crystal ball)

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast