Thread: #AFL Round 23 Discussion Thread

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    A very off topic and 'scotch and Coke' inspired post but how good is Ashes Test cricket?! Been watching and sh***ng myself at the prospect that the Poms are going to stage an amazing history making comeback and win and then since lunch, three wickets to the Aussies. Just brilliant!

Not over yet but breathing easier.....three wickets to go. Got to get Stokes....
    We didn't get Stokes...I can't believe what has just happened.

We get two wickets not long after my above post and it looked like the Ashes were ours, with England still needing 70 odd runs to win with ONE wicket in hand. With Stokes in his 60's, Leach joins him and WTF!, they embark on a match saving partnership.....with Leach ending on, get this, one not out, his only run tying the scores and Stokes then hitting a four to win it and ending up on 135 not out. As I said.....WTF!

To add insult to injury, two overs from the end Paine ridiculously reviewed an LBW appeal turn down which was obviously pitching outside leg, leaving us with no reviews left and subsequently unable to review a howler from umpire Wilson (who should never umpire a test match again!) for a Lyon LBW appeal which, on replay and Hawkeye, was plumb middle stump! There's the Ashes RIGHT THERE!

Adding further insult to injury, moments earlier, Nathan Lyon missed a certain run out when the batsmen got mixed up, fumbling the return throw with Leach miles out of his crease. There's the Ashes RIGHT THERE AGAIN!!

It was unbearable! A classic 'one which got away' and which will take some getting over. An easy fix would be to hit straight back smash them in the fourth test....but a loss like that will be an extreme test of mental resolve. Smith will be chomping at the bit no doubt, so let's hope the rest of the team can ride the wave with him. I honestly reckon we are the better team from what I've seen in the series so far with a really world class bowling attack..... but we need to work out Stokes......he is something special, their Steve Smith almost. A real annoying Pommy bastard!

Go Australia.....time to show some Bloods spirit.
    Last edited by stevoswan; 26th August 2019 at 03:27 AM.