Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast

Thread: #AFL Round 23 Swans v Saints Sat 24-Aug at SCG #AFLSwansSaints @sydneyswans

Senior Player
    Also, career high marks (8; 4 contested, which was game high and equal round high) and goals (3) from McCartin on the weekend. Another who benefits from Buddy playing.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    Loved this moment on Saturday: Sydney Swans on Twitter: "When Rowy is on a mission 👊🏾

(This determination resulted in a Parker goal)

#ProudlySydney… "

I'm excited about Rowbottom. Breaks tackles, sticks his, elite field kick.
    Mark my words. Paddlebutt is going to be a star. Kid did so well in his first year - going to be a very fine player I think.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Saturday's game was really special... from the closeness of it at half-time (yes, after we gave away another lead), to the massacre in the second half... to the special milestones and to the teary goodbye celebrations.
    So glad and grateful that I was there to share it all.
    We won't see that again.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Another nice story from Saturday by Cynthia Banham, who you will remember from earlier in the season:

Simple acts of grace - sydneyswans.com.au
    Bring your tissues!! Where's the warning?
    Noice.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    Mark my words. Paddlebutt is going to be a star. Kid did so well in his first year - going to be a very fine player I think.
    Yes, he is. Great all-round game.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    If only we can work out a way to avoid the second year blues, he has the talent and ability to be a top liner.
    sprite

Veterans List
    Agree with the praise for Rowbottom. He impresses me more every week. One thing I have noticed is that even though he is only a first year player he gives instructions to other players.

Blog Entries
    Took a couple of games, but then he really started to look like he fitted in.
    Going to be really good next year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ScottH View Post
    Took a couple of games, but then he really started to look like he fitted in.
    Going to be really good next year!!!
    Yeh his first couple of games were a bit rough, and as with every young player he was a bit up and down - but in most games (similar to Blakey) there were a few moments that just make you think he has 'class' stamped all over him. Some of his footy towards the end of the year was very, very good for a first year player. Can't wait to see what he can do in time - though as always, we should be patient if there are signs of 2nd year blues.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    If only we can work out a way to avoid the second year blues, he has the talent and ability to be a top liner.
    We just need to accept them if they come along, and be willing to wear the pain. It'll be worth it in the end - that I have little doubt about.

Ollie Florent is a good example of 2nd year blues/even arguably 3rd year blues. But his last 8 weeks were very, very good and he will only build from here and is starting to hit the sweet spot.

Rowbottom's first dozen games reminds me of Hanners int he way h burst onto the scene and has had a genuine early impact.

Yeh his first couple of games were a bit rough, and as with every young player he was a bit up and down - but in most games (similar to Blakey) there were a few moments that just make you think he has 'class' stamped all over him. Some of his footy towards the end of the year was very, very good for a first year player. Can't wait to see what he can do in time - though as always, we should be patient if there are signs of 2nd year blues.
    Hear, hear!

Very much a Luke Parker first season for me

Strong enough for contested footy and really getting smarter and smarter on the field for a guy who didn’t kick that well in his AFL draft year

His kicking and decision making has improved tremendously in yr 1

He will be more and more in the midfield rotation next year based on his current trajectory

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 789101112 LastLast