Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: #AFL Finals Week 1 weekly discussion thread

No one is expecting anyone to do anything, but everyone has a finals favourite and some people, who actually live in Sydney, might have a Sydney team as their finals favourite.

What is 'manufactured' is the swans / GWS rivalry. It's practically non existent.

Quote Originally Posted by barry View Post
    No one is expecting anyone to do anything, but everyone has a finals favourite and some people, who actually live in Sydney, might have a Sydney team as their finals favourite.

What is 'manufactured' is the swans / GWS rivalry. It's practically non existent.
    I have a finals favourite. The Swans. When they're not in it, I don't care. As long as Richmond don't win it. And if the Giants win it, hardly anyone will care.

You're right about the rivalry though. Rivalries grow organically. They don't sprout out of Gil's head.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Mumford was BOG or mine. Dominant ruck display and in the end the Dogs had Macrae trying to shepherd him out of the contest at every ball up. He had 21 pressure acts.
    Yes, he was immense. Probably the best game he has played in years, and what a time to do it. Interesting to see how the Lions back
    up next week. Apparently GWS have won the last four games against them at the Gabba. GWS will likely target some of the Lions
    players, the way they went after some of the Dogs players yesterday. They do have a bit of that "unsociable footy" thing in their game.
    If they bring the pressure game that they had yesterday, then you can almost see the Lions going out in straight sets.
    We shall see I guess.
    Last edited by KTigers; 8th September 2019 at 03:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    I have a finals favourite. The Swans. When they're not in it, I don't care. As long as Richmond don't win it. And if the Giants win it, hardly anyone will care.

You're right about the rivalry though. Rivalries grow organically. They don't sprout out of Gil's head.
    Lucky it's not a popularity contest*

(* AFL administration is)

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Yep. Hope he goes a row of outhouses.

I'm doing ok right now, thanks Danzar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bloods05 View Post
    Yep. Hope he goes a row of outhouses.
    Agree!
    Captain, I am detecting large quantities of win in this sector

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Quite the little grub, isn't he? The sort of stuff you seen in wrestling matches, only he did it for real.

Even looked up to see if the "referee" was watching before he did it.
    Last edited by Sandridge; 9th September 2019 at 08:36 AM.

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Suckling (and Kelly!) can consider himself very lucky to be walking away with just a $2k fine, the action was particularly nasty and it was fortunate for all involved that Kelly had bent down a little further than normal to collect the ball.

The Greene thing looks bad- Jed Lamb got a week for making contact to an eye last season, so you'd assume he'll be gone at least next weekend. I can't see him actually make contact to the eye in that footage, so assume they'll ask Bont what happened- no shame if he doesn't stay silent on this, no need for fingers anywhere near someone's eyes.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Contact to the face has historically been a fine or a week in H&A.
    Be interesting to see how this plays out.

Suckling high contact was also a week or fine, and they chose a fine.

GWS should lawyer up because the media seem out for blood.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOO happy to see that little grub Greene going straight to tribunal in week one of the finals.
    You know you're a grub when the AFL have to make a new rule specifically targeting your using the studs of your boot to rearrange people's faces.
    Hope the little thug gets a month.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by stellation View Post
    Suckling (and Kelly!) can consider himself very lucky to be walking away with just a $2k fine, the action was particularly nasty and it was fortunate for all involved that Kelly had bent down a little further than normal to collect the ball.

The Greene thing looks bad- Jed Lamb got a week for making contact to an eye last season, so you'd assume he'll be gone at least next weekend. I can't see him actually make contact to the eye in that footage, so assume they'll ask Bont what happened- no shame if he doesn't stay silent on this, no need for fingers anywhere near someone's eyes.
    I guess we'll see if Bontempelli can give (his late hit on Haynes that fractured Hayne's larynx, and caused Haynes to miss a week
    that Bontempelli got off on a ridiculous technicality) but he can't receive. A number of GWS players went after Bontempelli presumably
    as some kind of payback for the injury he caused to Haynes in R22.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast