Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: AFL Grand Final Week Discussion Thread

Quote Originally Posted by SeanM View Post
    Rugby League plays the grand final in Sydney at the same stadium every year. You can't complain about it, you just have to be good enough to win on the MCG on the day.

I think it would be worse if you decided the venue a week beforehand just so it could be in a neutral state or venue. I think it would be silly to play it this year in Brisbane, Perth or Adelaide just so it could be a neutral venue.
    Your quoting the NRL as some sort of gold standard for a national competitions 😂😂😂

But hey I agree it would be silly to allow people from other states to experience grand final week or allow the games premier day to be fair without advantages to certain clubs.

Silly...yes just silly...

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    What a joke that a Perth based club that finished higher on the H&A ladder beats a Melbourne based club in their final then has to face that Melbourne based club in the grand final at the Melbourne based clubs home ground to decide the champion of the competition.

Laughable!!!! If it wasn’t true.
    I am watching the NSW version of this tonight.....not that the Storm deserve to be playing at home but they've played a few GF's away to lower NSW based opposition and are tonight being crucified in the penalty count in front of a crowd which resembles today's very one sided and very vocal attendance.

There are two major football leagues in this country with massive integrity issues.....

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Boddo View Post
    Your quoting the NRL as some sort of gold standard for a national competitions 😂😂😂

But hey I agree it would be silly to allow people from other states to experience grand final week or allow the games premier day to be fair without advantages to certain clubs.

Silly...yes just silly...
    Boddo, you should revisit this site more often!

Where is Barry - I have not heard his great support for his team GWS - complety thrashed, not in the race, did not give a yelp, and out classed.

Reminds me of 2014.

What a bugger.

There’s a big, big sound
    From the west of the town,
    It’s the sound of the Giants wailing...,.

What terrible selection decisions to go in with Davis and Whitfield, their abilities notwithstanding. One couldn’t run, the other just couldn’t.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    Where is Barry - I have not heard his great support for his team GWS - complety thrashed, not in the race, did not give a yelp, and out classed.

Reminds me of 2014.

What a bugger.
    Barry posted a comment on another thread basically saying he barracks for both the Swans and the Giants, then deleted it. His reasoning seemed bizarre to me, but it was clearly heartfelt. Don't twist the knife, it's just not necessary. God knows I've been the victim of gloating supporters often enough, it's horrible.

Happy and I know it
    I don't think that grand finals where one team gets flogged does the AFL any favours. It's supposed to be the peak of the competition and showcases the game. I thought it was a fizzer and stopped watching at half time. Very disappointing.

Maybe the AFL should give the Giants the priority pick they were planning on giving to the Suns.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post

Reminds me of 2014.

What a bugger.
    I feel that Barry has an allegiance to all things Sydney and has a dislike for the Victorian - centric AFL. If this assumption is correct, I agree with him.

However my loyalty to the Swans outweighs the above and as such, could never support a direct competitor, setup and owned by the AFL. GWS success will in part be at the expense of the Swans. To be honest, I am hoping the GWS go the way of the Suns, down the toilet, and I took great delight in them disgracing themselves on the biggest stage.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    I feel that Barry has an allegiance to all things Sydney and has a dislike for the Victorian - centric AFL. If this assumption is correct, I agree with him.

However my loyalty to the Swans outweighs the above and as such, could never support a direct competitor, setup and owned by the AFL. GWS success will in part be at the expense of the Swans. To be honest, I am hoping the GWS go the way of the Suns, down the toilet, and I took great delight in them disgracing themselves on the biggest stage.
    Suns not going down the toilet, have an AFL support package coming up this week that will contain more than just pick 1. The AFL needs Suns and GWS to be successful to grow the game, they have already spent twice as much so far on the Suns as they budgeted ($200 mill+) and will be bouyed by the Brisbane turnaround. Pick 5 here we come!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Suns not going down the toilet, have an AFL support package coming up this week that will contain more than just pick 1. The AFL needs Suns and GWS to be successful to grow the game, they have already spent twice as much so far on the Suns as they budgeted ($200 mill+) and will be bouyed by the Brisbane turnaround. Pick 5 here we come!
    Gold Coast has been a graveyard for soccer, basketball and Rugby League in terms of a national competition. AFL should cut their losses.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    So the AFL has pumped $200mil + into the Sun's and look at where they are at? If they are not going down the toilet, they are grimly clinging to the side of the bowl like a sloppy crap.

Brisbane's turn about is different in that the Lions have a bit of tradition and history with rusted on supporters who will stick with them. Even when they were hopeless, there were still 15-20k who would turn up to the Gabba (including me) to watch. The Sun's (and GWS) don't have this and in the Sun's case, unlikely to given the track record of pro sporting teams who base themselves on the GC.

But if the AFL is happy to keep wasting there cash, then good luck to them.

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast