Page 52 of 452 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Was referring to those two being Melbourne city boys who will certainly want to go home.
    Yes and as bloodspirit said, they are best mates.....so not likely to get homesick and want to rush home to mummy in Melbourne. It was a great move by GC.....it's paying off and will continue to do so.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by mattybloods View Post
    This article got me thinking about what trade we would be happy with for Papley. I think a young quality mid and an up and coming ruckman might do it. Don't know much about Carlton's list but how do people feel about Paddy Dow? Could Tom De Koning develop into a quality ruck? No point getting in older players as I think we won't be competing for a flag for a few more years. Interesting to see what happens here
    Paddy Dow is ordinary with poor disposal, I'd rather take their first rounder.

After today, Papley is high value if traded

Disappointed we're slipping down the draft order, LOLNorf a shambles, Hawks going down the plug hole fast and Crows, best not say anything about that sh**show

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Paddy Dow is ordinary with poor disposal, I'd rather take their first rounder.

After today, Papley is high value if traded

Disappointed we're slipping down the draft order, LOLNorf a shambles, Hawks going down the plug hole fast and Crows, best not say anything about that sh**show
    If we're good enough to beat them with our youth and all our injuries they need it more than us.

Goes up to 11
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Yeah nah. How about being happy we're climbing up the ladder?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by jono2707 View Post
    Yeah nah. How about being happy we're climbing up the ladder?
    Yep: winning > draft pick.

Only a game out of the 8.

The Herald-Sun have published a list of the 100 highest paid players in the AFL. Interesting reading.

Category: | Herald Sun

Buddy is our number 1 at close to $1.5m, then Heeney, Parker, Rampe, JPK, Papley, Mills, Lloyd.

Darcy Moore is on less than Dane Rampe, Daniher on similar $ to Tom Mitchell which is a fair bit less than Parker.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    The Herald-Sun have published a list of the 100 highest paid players in the AFL. Interesting reading.
    Category: | Herald Sun
    Buddy is our number 1 at close to $1.5m, then Heeney, Parker, Rampe, JPK, Papley, Mills, Lloyd.
    From my reading of RWO, I had somehow come to the understanding that Sam Reid was supposed to be on big money - was he not on the list at all?
    Presumably Papley has had the value of his long contract upgraded.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

I think Sam would be on more like 550k which is not enough to make the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    From my reading of RWO, I had somehow come to the understanding that Sam Reid was supposed to be on big money - was he not on the list at all?
    Presumably Papley has had the value of his long contract upgraded.
    He got a relatively high value contract for his first long term contract with us back in the day, but no doubt it has stagnated significantly since then - so he has probably dropped off somewhat by now, as he has never been able to stay on the park enough to get that big next contract that would have kept him in the upper echelon of players.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Papleys deal is more than I thought it would be which is even more a reason to dig the heels in if he asked for a trade.

Its actually good foresight by Sydney that contract, cos if you told me 2 yrs ago Paps was going to be in our top 5 highest paid I would have laughed.

Agree we need to keep him but id be saying 2 Top Ten Picks in the 2021 draft or Cripps involved. Basically ending the phone call.

As far fetched as that seems asking for Cripps, they are essentiallyasking for our best player when you consider current perfomance, age etc.
    He will be every bit in the Brownlow with Cripps and the Coleman.

Im sure a Walsh deal could be worked out too