Page 281 of 452 FirstFirst ... 181231271277278279280281282283284285291331381 ... LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,372 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Getting worrying now, first round out to 21 picks, with Crouch it will be 22 picks, if GWS, after all the tough talk from their CEO and Recruiters, just fold and don't match it will be 23 picks in the first round.

That's about where Gulden may attract a bid meaning there's a danger any deficit comes of our first rounder next year. There will be a few pre planned pick swaps waiting to be activated depending on what happens on draft night.

Speaking of Gulden, Liz, am I correct in thinking you saw Gulden play as a 16yo somewhere and posted on here that he looked a certain 2021 R1 starter for us based on what you observed?

For those that don't visit Big Footy, do yourself a favour and have a look at the excellent spreadsheet on the Trading, Drafting forum, it's a sticky towards the top of the page, it's by far and away the best graphic of draft picks, so easy to see exactly who has what and the effect of compo picks.

Having seen what Geelong are allegedly offering Cameron $950k x 5 years, I’m not sure GW$ will match.

On the veteran's list
    The further our academy picks get shuffled back by compensation etc the better. The points we will save by them being lower down the pecking order far outweigh the points we will lose by our later picks being blown out

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    The further our academy picks get shuffled back by compensation etc the better. The points we will save by them being lower down the pecking order far outweigh the points we will lose by our later picks being blown out
    Pls explain?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Not sure you've got that right Big Cat. The more early compo picks the longer the first round goes the more likely Gulden gets picked in the first round. Plus the loss of points to pay for Campbell and Gulden as our other picks get pushed back between four and seven picks.

I'm eyeing off Gold Coasts picks currently 26 & 36 (could end up 28 & 38) that they probably won't use, for our 2021 second. That would change our whole hand this year. Basically using pick 4 this year but losing our 2021 second rounder.

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Not sure you've got that right Big Cat. The more early compo picks the longer the first round goes the more likely Gulden gets picked in the first round. Plus the loss of points to pay for Campbell and Gulden as our other picks get pushed back between four and seven picks.

I'm eyeing off Gold Coasts picks currently 26 & 36 (could end up 28 & 38) that they probably won't use, for our 2021 second. That would change our whole hand this year. Basically using pick 4 this year but losing our 2021 second rounder.
    They’ll have to pay something for Markov ... and the Treloar deal isn’t over yet, otherwise a win-win. Other clubs will have a similar idea though.

On the Rookie List

I like your thinking with that.
    Seeing Harry Taylor retiring made me consider offloading one of our key defenders to Geelong in exchange for a draft pick somewhere along the way. This might be a little ambitious but Melican + our second rounder (24) in exchange for their first rounder (20).

Quote Originally Posted by Jimitron5000 View Post
    I like your thinking with that.
    Seeing Harry Taylor retiring made me consider offloading one of our key defenders to Geelong in exchange for a draft pick somewhere along the way. This might be a little ambitious but Melican + our second rounder (24) in exchange for their first rounder (20).
    The only value this has is adding 127 value points to be used to match the Campbell bid. That equates trading Melican for a pick 62. Was that the intent of your suggestion?

Veterans List
    Breaking news, GWS to match for Cameron, Geelong now have to trade for him. One less extra first round pick

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    The only value this has is adding 127 value points to be used to match the Campbell bid. That equates trading Melican for a pick 62. Was that the intent of your suggestion?
    Cats are not short on talls. They've got the younger de Koning waiting in the wings. They also have a surfeit of ruckmen: Fort, Ratugolea, Blicavs. I wonder if Fort is worth pursuing

- - - Updated - - -

Breaking news, GWS to match for Cameron, Geelong now have to trade for him. One less extra first round pick
    Wow! What if Geelong call their bluff?

Should be fascinating to watch. Feels like a line in the sand moment:

GWS inform Geelong of intention to match Cameron free agency offer

If Cameron still decides to leave, the Giants will demand compensation reflective of his contract offer from the Cats. It is believed their starting position will be two first round draft picks and a player. Fox Footy’s Tom Morris reported on Saturday that Geelong’s five-year offer to Cameron is worth around $900,000 per season.

On the Rookie List
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I was hoping for a bit more than that!

Good on GWS. I think Cameron is a bit too young to go to Geelong.