Page 64 of 452 FirstFirst ... 145460616263646566676874114164 ... LastLast

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    If we recruit Daniher next year I think a lot of us would be questioning our recruiters sanity and mindset....it smacks of desperation and ill placed hope..... and faith in them may be lost. Following it through to a likely failure could set the club back years.....he might come to us cheap but he still needs to be paid....and that won't be cheap.
    I think the club may have moved on from JD.....it's common sense IMO.
    Couldn't disagree more.

We will get him for free and common sense would dictate that his contract is heavily weighted on games played. So if he continues to be injured, won't cost us much. The up side, on the other hand, is huge.

Suspended by the MRP
    I thought Rowbottom and Florent were going to be our next A-grade mid...?

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Couldn't disagree more.

We will get him for free and common sense would dictate that his contract is heavily weighted on games played. So if he continues to be injured, won't cost us much. The up side, on the other hand, is huge.
    Uselesss for free is still useless. The 'upside' you speak of is unlikely to eventuate. He's a crock. If he comes, Paps goes and I know who most clubs would prefer at this time. Far more upside with Tom.....lets concentrate on keeping him.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Uselesss for free is still useless. The 'upside' you speak of is unlikely to eventuate. He's a crock. If he comes, Paps goes and I know who most clubs would prefer at this time. Far more upside with Tom.....lets concentrate on keeping him.
    Big Upside for Sydney Radiology.

Veterans List
    One only has to look at Hawthorn to see how a 'get injury prone crocks with huge upside cheap.....if they actually ever get properly match fit' policy works.

Veterans List
    I'm wondering if Daniher has "fallen in love with Essendon" again, as Dododoro said after last years trade period?

Haven't heard how JD is progressing in his comeback bid.

Goes up to 11
    Which of our current injury-plagued talls gives up their spot in the rehab room if we bring in another?

Not worth it even for nothing.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    Couldn't disagree more.

Agreed.

Veterans List
    Pick 2 before we match for Campbell is crucial. Here's a view from "Knighmare", ESPN's draft "expert" which seems to match what most other reputable sources are saying in this strange draft year. I like that he's mentioned six at the top of the draft without Campbell. We can get one of these before having to match Campbell, nice! Reckon Crows, who have form on this, will bid JUH with pick one, means who ever they choose next won't be saddled with the massive weight of the number one tag in a town where fans and media take no prisoners when it comes to grilling under performing Crows. A huge burden for an 18yo. ESPN said -

Ugle-Hagan, McDonald, Riley Thilthorpe, Will Phillips, Tanner Bruhn and Elijah Hollands are the most widely spoken about prospects.

The question recruiters will be asking is whether they want:

a) the most talented inside-50 threat since Franklin (Ugle-Hagan)
    b) a high-motor key forward with a game resembling Nick Riewoldt (McDonald)
    c) an athletic 200cm key forward who can relieve through the ruck (Thilthorpe)
    d) the most advanced and dominant midfielder in the pool (Phillips)
    e) a classy goalkicking midfielder (Bruhn) or
    f) the highest impact per possession player in the draft who generates meaningful and effective drive by foot and with his run (Hollands)

Warming the Bench
    Peter Ladhams looks the goods and is only 22. Stuck behind Lycett, might be worth trying to get out of port

Sent from my vivo 1902 using Tapatalk

The sentiment in this thread should be tracked against win/losses

The key for us in this year's draft is how we use our first pick (?2). I can't see any wisdom in using it to draft another slightly built youngster to add to our fleet of pip squeaks. I think we should go hard with it to try and get a bigger body in the midfield or a ruckman. Even if it means splitting it for say late 1st rounder and an early 2nd. Adelaide will surely embark on a rebuild and one of the Crouch brothers would be more than handy. Or as mentioned Ladhams or Chol / Nankervis (late 1st rounder). We are getting killed in the middle by the better teams, in large part because the youngsters can't maintain the pressure for four quarters.