Page 265 of 452 FirstFirst ... 165215255261262263264265266267268269275315365 ... LastLast
Results 3,169 to 3,180 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Syd76 View Post
    DBG is a good player. Have watched him this year. But also I can see your point re defenders. I guess it depends what falls out from what will be the first 3 picks (WB (Matched), ADE & NM).

I wonder why Big Will Gould wasn't tried.. probably doesn't have the tank at this point in time? BWG is listed at 191.. Reg Grundy was only 192 ....

Hope the Swans take pick #3 (4) to the draft
    I had sort of written off DGB on the basis it wasn't an area of need and that it wasn't sensible to spend such a high pick on a defender. But thinking about it again, I'm not so sure about that.

Rampe, 189cm and 30yo, is our only elite tall defender. Our genuine tall defenders are serviceable, but likely to be beaten by an elite genuine tall forward. As you say, Gould isn't a genuine tall either.

The descriptions and highlights available are pretty impressive. He's certainly courageous in the air.

Oscar or Tom McDonald for peanuts?

Brande?
    AA?
    Melican?
    T.McCartin?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Magoo View Post
    Ladham was involved in a covid breach in August (had a party after a win I believe ) and may not be seen in as bright a light as we see him. In the article I read it mentioned his committment to being a professional footballer which suggest it was much more than just the breach as the only attitude issue.
    If I recall correctly Hogan also had a Covid breach. Maybe we can swap him for ET in a like for like trade.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by andreww1 View Post
    Do you mean like the long contract we offered Buddy of which he has hardly played in the last 2 years?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Yep, I think these long contracts are madness.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    That's interesting because this morning on SEN I heard there are 6 clubs interested in Hogan. They mentioned the Swans and I saw on Channel 10 that Richmond are interested in him as a potential replacement for Riewoldt.
    We obviously tuned at different times. The Hogan rumours are all over the shop. Heard that even Melbourne were interested but dropped off. I guess it depends on which expert we heard. I have no idea how we could pick him up if we go for the favoured 3 picks. He would have to be playing for rent money.

Senior Player
    WTAF?

"Collingwood does not believe Adam Treloar can be an elite footballer while his partner, netballer Kim Ravaillion, and infant daughter are living in another state. That is why the club has asked him to find a new home.

The Magpies' decision is not based purely on money. While Treloar is earning significant money, the club insists it would take the same attitude if Treloar was making less."

Adam Treloar trade situation: Collingwood Magpie stuck in the middle

Story in Herald Sun tonite that AA to Port has hit deadlock. Anyone have access to Herald Sun to enlighten us?

Can you feel it? Site Admin ugg's Avatar
    It says that Swans inquired about Ladhams but neither Ladhams nor Port are keen on that move. It says Aliir likely to stay with us unless Power are willing to let Ladhams or Lycett go. Also says Swans are not interested in Sam Hayes

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I tried listening to Trade Radio, but it seems to be 90% ads and 10% fantasy.
    Trade Radio is a waste of time IMO. I can find most of the trade talk just by reading this thread.
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    Oscar or Tom McDonald for peanuts?

Brande?
    AA?
    Melican?
    T.McCartin?
    Auntie, I warned everyone a few pages back to never mention the McDonald spuds on this forum again - please do as you are told!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    It says that Swans inquired about Ladhams but neither Ladhams nor Port are keen on that move. It says Aliir likely to stay with us unless Power are willing to let Ladhams or Lycett go. Also says Swans are not interested in Sam Hayes
    AA stays with us, that's cool, as we were before this appeared out of the blue 10 days ago. Keep Aliir, move forwards with whatever else we are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    WTAF?

"Collingwood does not believe Adam Treloar can be an elite footballer while his partner, netballer Kim Ravaillion, and infant daughter are living in another state. That is why the club has asked him to find a new home.

The Magpies' decision is not based purely on money. While Treloar is earning significant money, the club insists it would take the same attitude if Treloar was making less."

Adam Treloar trade situation: Collingwood Magpie stuck in the middle
    If that’s true it’s an appalling way to treat a player with a contract for another 4-5 years. And one who back ended it at the clubs request.