Page 392 of 452 FirstFirst ... 292342382388389390391392393394395396402442 ... LastLast
Results 4,693 to 4,704 of 5424

Thread: 2020 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Who is the player in question , can’t seem to find the original post ..
    Elijah Hollands

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Elijah Hollands
    Cheers. Surely they’re no hope there, unless they reckon he’ll slip down due to the ACL, like kemp did to them last year ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Ludwig, I think the answer is that there are 4-6 rookies (cat A) + 2 cat B rookies - leading to 6-8 in total and thereby resolving your conundrum.
    You're right. I just read the latest on the rule. I missed that one. The only excuse I can make is that my glasses were sent to Bangkok for new lenses and I'm not seeing too well without them. In the interim, it's probably best to ignore everything I write. It's just rubbish.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    In the interim, it's probably best to ignore everything I write. It's just rubbish.
    Cough... to be fair it is always entertaining, sometimes enlightening!
    Last edited by Markwebbos; 26th November 2020 at 04:44 PM.

Lord Rubbish Binny

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    You're right. I just read the latest on the rule. I missed that one. The only excuse I can make is that my glasses were sent to Bangkok for new lenses and I'm not seeing too well without them. In the interim, it's probably best to ignore everything I write. It's just rubbish.
    Some of it's funny. I liked Derickx Eggmolest. Keep it up!
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    "Sydney will relist Robbie Fox after almost mistakenly delisting him." ..."Gardiner has revealed how the Swans wished to drop Fox to the rookie list which they were unable to do prior to a late rule change by the AFL." On SEN, Gardiner confirms that Fox will be with us in 2021. See details at
    Swans to rookie delisted Fox after late rule change
    Still have to come to terms with him. Could receive a better offer.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Doubt it, clubs are shedding a lot of useful players, think many on here have the rose coloured glasses on re Fox, he's serviceable but shouldn't be best 22 and we were 16th!

Nice news all the same. The whole list scenario and on the run rule changes is so amateurish by the VFL. Pity the list managers trying to cope with it all. Doubt us in fan land will have much idea about who is on which list until the season books/mags hit the news stands pre season

From Shifter Sheehan's Top 40 published on SEN a few hours ago

Errol Gulden

Sydney Swans Academy / Maroubra Saints FC / Allies

Height: 175cm Weight: 75kg

Weapon: Game sense and relentless running

Player comparison: Andrew Gaff, West Coast Eagles
    Last edited by 707; 26th November 2020 at 06:04 PM.

Would it partly be the Players assoc holding up to the last minute for negotiating power?

Not just the AFL in this case?

Quote Originally Posted by gloveski View Post
    Just goes to show what a @@@@ show AFL house is running atm . Surely teams should have been consulted about the proposed rookie list changes . Looks like a few teams where caught out

+1 Amateur Hour

That combined with the list sizing not finalised thru trade week

Quote Originally Posted by Melbourne_Blood View Post
    Cheers. Surely they’re no hope there, unless they reckon he’ll slip down due to the ACL, like kemp did to them last year ?

Just strange - Kemp was at least still in the first round. And the only others that have got in twice already for another interview have picks 1, 2 and 4.
    Last edited by Steve; 26th November 2020 at 06:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    That's true, but if he said "I'll wait until the draft, see what interest I get" he runs the risk of us having to look at other options in the mean time, and becoming interested in alternatives.

I'm sure it was virtually agreed a few days back that in principle it was just a technicality that we would delist him, and confirmed we would pick him in the Rookie Draft.

He can have the security of locking it in now - also means he won't have to move, so even if the deal we offer isn't amazing he'd save money staying rather than getting a slightly better deal elsewhere and having the cost of relocating. As others have said, there is a glut of depth players out there now, so at 27 he probably wouldn't have a lot of suitors.