Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Thread: Season 2020

Quote Originally Posted by Westy View Post
    Interesting theory on the Canberra/SydAFL mix though. Don't mind the concept
    Would like to understand more about Canberra/Syd - but from a starting point we must all agree on Sydney AFL, at a Prems level, is @@@@@@. The last 5 years have seen an exponential increase in the size and strength of the big clubs (Norths / Syd Uni/ Easts & Penno) while the other clubs have gone backwards. Based on the size of the big 4 I can only see this divide getting bigger.

Not sure of the answer, but Sydney AFL it is broken and needs fixing

Quote Originally Posted by Pekay View Post
    Albury should be there to represent the O n M. And they've got endless cash!
    As long as you’re driving the bus PK

Half way through the Season and North Shore are top in every men's grade except Div 2 (third and a game washout against UTS - bottom) -WOW - have we ever seen such dominance by a single club?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Wills View Post
    Half way through the Season and North Shore are top in every men's grade except Div 2 (third and a game washout against UTS - bottom) -WOW - have we ever seen such dominance by a single club?
    Only lost one game so far between the 5 sides which is incredible. Big wins against UNSW yesterday within the Prems/Reserves grade as UNSW were feared to be the team to beat.

On another note does anyone have any insight on what the finals structure will look like? I'm assuming D1/2/3 will play a 3 week final series with 8 teams in their divisions.

But will Prems/Reserves play the standard 4 week finals? Or in the interest of keeping the season short (oval handover to cricket/covid derailing season risk) will they play a 3 weak finals series too?

Almost Football Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by mrns View Post
    On another note does anyone have any insight on what the finals structure will look like? I'm assuming D1/2/3 will play a 3 week final series with 8 teams in their divisions.

But will Prems/Reserves play the standard 4 week finals? Or in the interest of keeping the season short (oval handover to cricket/covid derailing season risk) will they play a 3 weak finals series too?
    My understanding is only Mens & Womens Prems and Prems Reserves will have a final 5; and every other grade will be a final 4.
    But that could change.

Someone said div 1 is a 2 week finals series with 1 v 4 and 2 v 3. Not sure the accuracy of that.

4th and 5th race will be interesting in prems.

Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    Someone said div 1 is a 2 week finals series with 1 v 4 and 2 v 3. Not sure the accuracy of that.

4th and 5th race will be interesting in prems.
    Both prem comps, prem ressies and 19 1's are standard top 5. D1,2,3 (men and women) are top 4, but only two weeks. So 1 v 4, 2 v 3 then GF.

Quote Originally Posted by bomber. View Post
    Both prem comps, prem ressies and 19 1's are standard top 5. D1,2,3 (men and women) are top 4, but only two weeks. So 1 v 4, 2 v 3 then GF.
    No second chance under top 4 finals system feels wrong. With their only advantage playing a lower ranked side.

I really hope this isn't the case as those who challenge for the top of the ladder should be rewarded for their efforts.

Schools have been restricted to sport only in their local area. Any word of impact to community sport?

I don't know of any schools who were going out of their zone for school sport anyway. All regional, state and national sport was already cancelled for the year.

Warming the Bench
    Quote Originally Posted by saviour01 View Post
    I don't know of any schools who were going out of their zone for school sport anyway. All regional, state and national sport was already cancelled for the year.
    ISA were still in full competition including out of zone. However, all ISA sports have now been cancelled.

Pushing for Selection
    Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Schools have been restricted to sport only in their local area. Any word of impact to community sport?

find it hard to understand why school cannot mix outside areas...but this week UTS travel to Camden and St George go to Manly etc etc

I fear the season may be on the thinnest of ice