Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 1 vs Adelaide Cows

Veterans List
    Some points made by others earlier but I'll cover them again

Naismith made a huge difference, the mids look so much better this year having the ball tapped to them

Florent has really improved the last dozen games, makes a difference

Heeney should be forward, he makes things happen

Gray and Brand look good pick ups, jury out on Taylor

Dawson needs to play wing, wasted in the back half

Blakey hasn't been sighted in his three outings this year

Dreadful wrong decision against Lloyd's around the hips tackle compounded by the poop 50 metres

McCartin continues to impress, draft steal

No injuries, nice

Buddy and Reid will make the forward line so much more dangerous

I'm happy, Crows supporters won't be chirping this week!

F knows how they make changes to the team unless we are playing a ressies scratchy against GWS every week or two

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Ok. I'll put my hand up and say the Crayfish made a big difference. More of a contest at the tap but a much better physical presence at stoppages than Sinclair. Aliir more than capable to give a chop out. Can't see where Sinclair fits in the team.
    If we decide to go a bit taller, maybe Sinclair comes in for Ronke? While Ronke's effort can't be faulted, he just doesn't seem to process the game properly. He will come flying into the contest, only to miss the ball by about a metre. Or he will put in a long whole-hearted chase, to eventually give away a reckless free kick. Or in the time that Papley takes to get a shot away, Ronke is still working out which way the ball is going to bounce.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Some points made by others earlier but I'll cover them again

Naismith made a huge difference, the mids look so much better this year having the ball tapped to them

Florent has really improved the last dozen games, makes a difference

Heeney should be forward, he makes things happen

Gray and Brand look good pick ups, jury out on Taylor

Dawson needs to play wing, wasted in the back half

Blakey hasn't been sighted in his three outings this year

Dreadful wrong decision against Lloyd's around the hips tackle compounded by the poop 50 metres

McCartin continues to impress, draft steal

No injuries, nice

Buddy and Reid will make the forward line so much more dangerous

I'm happy, Crows supporters won't be chirping this week!

F knows how they make changes to the team unless we are playing a ressies scratchy against GWS every week or two
    Agree with all of that; but I would mention Parker, who I thought was probably BOG.

Quote Originally Posted by Bexl View Post
    What do you people think of Hayward. 4 possessions 1 tackle and 2 goals.
    The two goals keep him in the side. He also made some nice pressure efforts and impacted a few contests, without getting a stat. Playing forward flank, players often don't have high possession games, so as long as someone does some good things, when the ball comes their way, I'm happy enough.

What do you people think of Hayward. 4 possessions 1 tackle and 2 goals.
    Sounds like Hayward!

He's the clean version of Rohan

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    It was a terrible call. Then to pay 50...

One hopes they have to replay and review it during the week. Would be hard to watch.
    The not 15 immediately before was a shocker. We were one goal away from icing the game at that stage.

Veterans List
    After the not 15 call against the Gray mark and the run down by Lloyd paid the wrong way and the 50 meters. A probable 2 goal turn around we didn't score a goal.
    The umpiring was pretty good, but that was 30s of madness that just about turned the game on its head. Thank goodness the good guys prevailed.

Great win from a very young, very undermanned side - phenomenal effort from our senior mids and great support from Heeney, Naismith, and Florent in particular. Good news is, plenty of upside from there.

When was the last time that we won the following stats so convincingly: centre clearances, stoppages, contested possessions?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I love aliir as a backup Ruck. He makes some inspiring plays out of the middle and adds some unpredictablity. Still better as a defender but he's ahead of Sinclair, knoll, fox and Reid as a backup for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    When was the last time that we won the following stats so convincingly: centre clearances, stoppages, contested possessions?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
    Yes, the centre square dominance was the big surprise for me. And it was nice that we were also ahead in the tackle count.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Legs Akimbo View Post
    It was a terrible call. Then to pay 50...

One hopes they have to replay and review it during the week. Would be hard to watch.
    Yes, I finally saw it on the highlights.....the perfect run down tackle....and yes, then the 50. Absolutely terrible umpiring!

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    The team song is a ripper!

Team Song - Rd 1, 2020

Go you fantastic Cygnets!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    Very sad to read that. African American dasher for us with flowing locks. He mainly played for us during our down period of the early 1990s. I believe that he had relocated to the US some years back and become a financial advisor. RIP
    Sanford (Matthew) was a Senior Vice President, Wealth Management Advisor at Merrill Lynch Wealth Management out of California and the first African American born player to play AFL footy. Sanford did very well for himself in finance and planned his post football career very well while playing. And a genuinely lovely guy. He will be missed.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast