Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: What to do with no footy to watch

Warwick Capper?

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    Not Jesse Owens?
    Owens is definitely up in the stratosphere that's for sure.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by KTigers View Post
    Yeah, I don't think anything was going to stop Jordan. His skill and will to win was in another league even amongst the very best. After Ali he is
    the most important athlete in the history of sport.
    I've always wondered why Ali is placed so highly.....a great athlete for sure but I think the social change that he brought about through his fearless attitude in the face of the 'establishment' is the thing which has elevated him into the stratosphere.....and that is probably about right. However, in a pure athletic comparison, I would place Jordan above him.

Ali boxed in the hey-day of boxing where it was, arguably, the biggest sport in the world. That probably tips it in his favour, although a lot of people know of Jordan, few outside the US follow it.
    Boxing draws talent from around the world.

Not Jesse Owens?
    Nor Don Bradman?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Regular in the Side
    Walter Lindrum!

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Not Jesse Owens?
    Thinking further maybe Jack Johnson before Jesse Owens or Ali - but in each case their importance goes beyond their sporting achievements.
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

NRL end of May, bundesliga in May & UFC249 in May.

May looks fine to me.

Senior Player
    Great to see some of the NRL players taking matters into their own hands and "trialling" the isolation hub concept at
    Latrell Mitchell's property recently. This is what all sports need. Role models like these guys cutting through all the
    red tape created by our oppressive governments and liberating their code.

Great to see some of the NRL players taking matters into their own hands and "trialling" the isolation hub concept at
    Latrell Mitchell's property recently. This is what all sports need. Role models like these guys cutting through all the
    They’re not the only ones doing it. It’s just that they were stupid enough to present it on social media. No different to the house parties held by AFL players.

And the rest of society. These things are happening in every state and territory.

Senior Player
    For anyone with school-age kids, NSW Education are running live streams with special guests this week and Friday's guest is Ollie Florent.

NSW Education LIVE

A little bit dumb by Latrell Mitchell and co, but the fines of $50,000 are way over the top. Thats basically Australia's average yearly after-tax wage in a fine!.
    And no point saying Latrell earns big bucks so it doesnt matter. Latrell earns big bucks for a few years, once he's retired, that $50,000 will be a years wage if not more.

So much administration/government over-reach at the moment.

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast