Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516171824 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 2 vs Essendon

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Not sure about Ronke (omitted), given we've been told he's injured.
    I think Gardiner said earlier in the week that he's been fully training for a week or two, so it might just be a conditioning/management thing.

Quote Originally Posted by MattW View Post
    I think Gardiner said earlier in the week that he's been fully training for a week or two, so it might just be a conditioning/management thing.
    That’s my take. He’s not strictly injured but hasn’t been able to train enough to play because he was.

That's my understanding too: he was injured (hyperextended knee during Round 1 match) but he has recovered and is back in training. He's advanced enough that Gardiner declared him technically available for selection in the recent Injury Update - however, based more on comments a couple of weeks ago I figure he's a bit of a longshot at this stage and still needs to get more training and fitness under his belt.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by ugg View Post
    Yes and in the email it said the criteria is "11-game members who have pledged their support in 2020".
    Which effectively limited the ballot to Sydney/NSW members. But given the match is at SCG and State border restrictions that makes sense anyway.

After complaining about being overlooked, I qualify but I’m not in Sydney this weekend.

Senior Player
    It's probably the case that I haven't been paying attention but there is now an 8 player extension bench as opposed to 7. Still a 4 man interchange bench on match day though, no extension to the actual numbers of interchange players for 2020? there was talk of it at one stage.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    It's probably the case that I haven't been paying attention but there is now an 8 player extension bench as opposed to 7.
    That change was introduced for the start of the 2019 season.

Senior Player
    Well. Clearly I've been zoning out for some time in that case. Was there a rationale for this?
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Well. Clearly I've been zoning out for some time in that case. Was there a rationale for this?
    Possibly. No real idea what it was. You might need to take a deep dive inside Steve Hocking's brain to discover whatever it was. Maybe he was just bored one day.

Senior Player
    I think to take up your suggestion I would need to be bored one day.

I guess my curiosity was piqued as I thought perhaps the match day interchange bench had been extended from 4 to 5 for the remainder of 2020. That appears not to be the case as it was 22 v 22 last night.

Regular in the Side
    Intrigued that Warner makes the extended bench ahead of Bell, Stoddart, Ling, Foot and Gould though I would expect him to be the first cut. Wicks I am guessing is Cat B so not eligible though I have no idea which rookie got promoted to the senior list this year. A vote of encouragement to the draftee who claims that he will be a future Sydney captain.

Does anybody know for sure who are our cat A and cat B rookies. There has to be eight at least in total or maybe nine if Bell is still cat B.

Final team: Hewett and Sinkers replace Ronke and Naismith