Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 2020 Round 8: Swans v Hawks

Quote Originally Posted by Velour&Ruffles View Post
    Correct. He should be directing his anger at that numbskull Frawley. He bowled over someone much smaller, from behind, ...... , right in front of the umpire. If that isn't idiotic I don't know what is. .........
    I agree with all of that. But the same can be applied to Sinclair then coming in and bowling over Tom Mitchell. Nick Riewoldt was right, Sinclair’s action should have cancelled the free kick to Papley.

It was a really stupid thing to do by Sinclair (yes I know he was ‘flying the flag’ etc.). And given we were only six points in front when the final siren blew that additional Papley goal became very important. We could easily not have had the goal (just as happened to North in their match).

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg View Post
    I agree with all of that. But the same can be applied to Sinclair then coming in and bowling over Tom Mitchell. Nick Riewoldt was right, Sinclair’s action should have cancelled the free kick to Papley.

It was a really stupid thing to do by Sinclair (yes I know he was ‘flying the flag’ etc.). And given we were only six points in front when the final siren blew that additional Papley goal became very important. We could easily not have had the goal (just as happened to North in their match).
    Sinclair didn’t whack him in the head.

Senior Player

Sinclair is a repeat offender re cheap and pointless undisciplined play.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Sinclair didn’t whack him in the head.
    As far as I can see from the video replay, Frawley didn’t whack Papley in the head either. You may have seen different vision, but looks like a very solid bump to the top of Papley’s shoulder.

In any case, there are not grades of ‘bowling over off the ball’ that lead to free kicks. Though there are leading to MRO action.

To make it quite clear: I am not defending Frawley; I am annoyed with Sinclair who should know better. Why risk losing a free kick?

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Just seen now on Fox Footy Clarkson also having a dig at Tom Papley suggesting he milks free kicks when asked about that free kick Papley received after kicking goal from Frawley hit. Horse was told about Clarkson's comment in his presser & he was clearly angry shaking his head and holding back his rage, finally saying Coaches shouldn't comment on other team's players.

IMO Clarkson should be fined by the AFL because his comments about today's free kick count & Papley is a definite dig at the umpiring integrity & trying to get them to focus on Papley's game. He did the same with Rampre few years ago. He is more of a master sook than coach!!!
    AFL decided not to fine Clarkson over his umpiring comment. Why am i not surprised! Different rules for when you're hailed as the master coach. AFL have now set a precedent but watch them fine a lesser light coach for making similar comment in future.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    AFL decided not to fine Clarkson over his umpiring comment. Why am i not surprised! Different rules for when you're hailed as the master coach. AFL have now set a precedent but watch them fine a lesser light coach for making similar comment in future.
    As I predicted - weak as water

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    But not every player has king hit another player from behind.
    Nicely put.....👍

Veterans List

Yes I agree Sinclair was lucky...(even though the force of the push wasn't severe). In the previous game against Gold Coast we had 2 frees reversed and I'm sure Sinclair was the culprit for one of them.

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sandridge View Post
    God he's pathetic these days. Will look to blame anything but him or the team

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    Yes I agree Sinclair was lucky...(even though the force of the push wasn't severe). In the previous game against Gold Coast we had 2 frees reversed and I'm sure Sinclair was the culprit for one of them.
    I don't think the umpire saw it.

During the telecast Ben Dixon made comment that Dane Rampe is the ONLY defender he'd be happy to pay over $1m a year. Post match, David King said Luke Parker's captaincy is among the elite of the competition in the way he inspires & drags his team along. Adding he seems to really relish leadership like few do.

Along with JPK we are blessed with 3 great co-captains.