Really depends on who's fit and who isn't. My feeling is that nobody is being dropped unless they are being replaced by someone who wasn't available before.

I feel very much endarkened about who is available and who isn't. Players who might become available: Melican, Brand, Hewett? What's the story with Hayward? I have a feeling he's likely not going to be available but really unclear about this. For that matter, how far off is Buddy? Player who might not be available: Rampe.

If Rampe is out, I think Mills will return to defence because who else is there to marshall the defence? Lloyd ain't it, not on his own. Nor is Aliir.

If two players come in, who goes out? I guess it depends a bit on who it is but I would think that probably Gray, right now, is the most vulnerable. Although it's hard to say that. Despite Gray not having a stand out game, I think having a few more experienced but not standout players (like Squizzy, Gray, Cunningham) can really help the newbies. Anyway, still think Gray is first to go if Hewett or Hayward is available. I would love to see us persist with the youth like Stephens, Ling and ET and let them continue their development.

Our list really isn't in bad shape. Entirely possible to see us making finals with a healthy list as soon as next year.

Sometimes people say who are our stars? With our whole list available we have: Buddy, Rampe, Papley, Joey, Parker, Lloyd who fit within what I would call the elite category. (Not the Dusty/Fyfe/Bont superstar level except for Buddy but elite nonetheless. I think all of those players are capable of being matchwinners on their day.) Then you add a raft of emerging talent behind that: Heeney, Mills, Florent, Hayward, Hewett, McCartin, Rowbottom, Dawson, Aliir. And finally the really new blood: Blakey, Ling, Stephens, ET, McInerney, hopefully Gould, maybe Warner. And then the worthy journeymen like Reid, Cunningham, O'Riordan, Fox, Sinclair, Clarke, maybe Melican, maybe Stoddart, maybe Ronke, maybe Bell, that we can put around those others. Finally you add in the next bunch of draftees (Campbell, Gulden, and maybe an earlier pick too), and hopefully a decent ruck that we trade in, and that looks to me like a list that can contend and which will hopefully improve over the coming seasons as they mature (depending on the ability of the young ones to step up and take over from the likes of first Buddy and Joey, and later Ramps and Parker, when they retire. As far as that goes, Mills is a future captain of the side and will be able to step up to that level of responsibility when the time comes. I am optimistic that enough of the others will be able to step up when the time comes too. Both McCartin and Gould are spoken of as being very mature leaders. Florent is also really mature.
I can totally see Rowbottom being another Parker. Hewett is uber reliable. Dawson is a little enigmatic but continues to impress me.) Forgive me for digressing from selection but it's satisfying to ruminate so positively. I hope I'm not deluded!