Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 13 vs Fremantle

Except Mills will certainly play back the whole game while Kennedy plays on ball

scott names the planets stellation's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm going with: McCartin back, Joey more time than usual forward.
    I knew him as a gentle young man, I cannot say for sure the reasons for his decline
    We watched him fade before our very eyes, and years before his time

Kennedy to ruck, Sinkers to defence. I can’t see how it’s going to work without stealing a forward. Or a late change.

Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    I am expecting a late change because they've named a key midfielder replacing a key defender which unbalances the team. Suspect they will replace either Wicks/Foot with either Allir/Gould. Most likely Allir will come in as they would've already announced if Gould was to debut, even though I would prefer to see that happen!
    Wicks' defensive play was sensational last week. His pressure caused GWS no end of problems. Him and Bell hunt opposition.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Gould to debut in front of friends and relatives at Adelaide Oval next week? Must be getting close, although after lasts weeks effort against GW$, and assuming the same effort tonight, I reckon the MC will want to stick by those players.

Opti-pessi-misti
    I keep trying to work out why Gould is yet to make his debut. As has been stated by many and his highlights reel suggests, he looked to be ready to step into the team early on. As it turns out he is the only one of the draftees yet to get a game. I think he shares accom. with Dylan which must be hard when match day comes around.

Those who have been to some of the scratch matches would know whether he has been playing at the level that demands a game or not. If not, it seems strange, but is an understandable reason for him not getting a game yet. Another possible reason is that we have so many defenders on our list at the moment that only half of them are ever going to get a game, although it is ironic that we keep moving players like Reid and McCartin into the backline when extra height is needed. The only other reason I can think of is that he may be having trouble fitting into the structures and playing a team role when he is used to dominating, more or less playing his own game. Then again, some players like Mitchell, Dawson and especially Darcy Cameron can play really well in the NEAFL and still don't get a game, for no apparent reason.

Hopefully, 707 is right and we finally get to see what he can do next week!

Quote Originally Posted by rojo View Post
    I keep trying to work out why Gould is yet to make his debut. As has been stated by many and his highlights reel suggests, he looked to be ready to step into the team early on. As it turns out he is the only one of the draftees yet to get a game. I think he shares accom. with Dylan which must be hard when match day comes around.

Those who have been to some of the scratch matches would know whether he has been playing at the level that demands a game or not. If not, it seems strange, but is an understandable reason for him not getting a game yet. Another possible reason is that we have so many defenders on our list at the moment that only half of them are ever going to get a game, although it is ironic that we keep moving players like Reid and McCartin into the backline when extra height is needed. The only other reason I can think of is that he may be having trouble fitting into the structures and playing a team role when he is used to dominating, more or less playing his own game. Then again, some players like Mitchell, Dawson and especially Darcy Cameron can play really well in the NEAFL and still don't get a game, for no apparent reason.

Hopefully, 707 is right and we finally get to see what he can do next week!
    Going by instagram ( Foote’s) Gould lives with Zac Foot and Joel Amartey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree that we look very short in defence when you look at the height (Taberner and Lobb) that Freo have up forward. I really can't understand why Aliir would not return given it seems that he is fit to play? Rampe is such a huge loss and we cannot expect Mills to hold down a key position spot in defence as a replacement. If we go in with that lineup then I expect Fyfe to play forward a lot so as to expose us our lack of height even more down there.

I think Thurlow or Dawson will play defence this week, with the absence of Rampe and Aliir. We are very short down back.

I'm predicting a 7 goal 10 tackle performance from Zac Foot, prompting many RWOers to call for his delisting in anticipation of a drop off in form next year.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I'm predicting a 7 goal 10 tackle performance from Zac Foot, prompting many RWOers to call for his delisting in anticipation of a drop off in form next year.
    Ronkes 7 goals was 2 yrs ago.... Foot gets another year

We also know Gould lives with Amartey thanks to the memorable picture showing how Gould was settling in to the club: Amartey was reading Gould a bedtime story.

Maybe Gould is not getting a game because he's still building the tank to run out games? A guess based on not much. He didn't run too well at the combine last year and was arguably a bit too chunky.

Opti-pessi-misti
    Thanks for the info on Gould's house mates. It was just from something that Dylan said in an interview that made me think maybe they were sharing. And yes, I guess highlight reels don't tell the whole story.

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast