Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8141516171819 LastLast

Thread: Elijah Taylor

Regular in the Side
    Perth Magistrates Court was told today the bashing started after the woman, Lekahni Pearce, saw a snapchat message on Taylor's phone and started hitting him when he was asleep.

$5,000 and a spent conviction. A far lesser penalty than what he was dealt by the Swans. The Covid breach she dropped in to tell him she had a miscarriage.

Looks like the gf initiated the two strikes against ET.

No excuses.
    Sorry.
    Wild speculation, unsubstantiated rumours, silly jokes and opposition delight in another's failures is what makes an internet forum fun.
    Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light.

Regular in the Side
    TinyURL.com - shorten that long URL into a tiny URL - ABC report on the sentencing of ET

I see that Taylor's lawyer chastised the Swans for leaving Taylor to fend for himself in Perth when he was suspended. A lot of us on here felt the same. Maybe if the Swans had taken him to Queensland all of this could have been avoided.

I wonder what was in that snapshot message.

Why do people have Snapshot, Instagram, Facebook, etc.? The worst idea since the automobile.

Aut vincere aut mori Thunder Shaker's Avatar
    My secret laboratory in the suburbs of Melbourne
    "Unbelievable!" -- Nick Davis leaves his mark on the 2005 semi final

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Why do people have Snapshot, Instagram, Facebook, etc.? The worst idea since the automobile.
    It is Snapchat, not shot. According to some researches, the main reason young people like Snapchat is because the messages will disappear automatically later.

Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    It is Snapchat, not shot. According to some researches, the main reason young people like Snapchat is because the messages will disappear automatically later.
    LOL. I usually do those sort of word plays on purpose, but not this time. It just shows my ignorance about social media.

Veterans List
    Initiated by her or not, he shouldn't have retaliated. I know in certain high pressure situations this can be very hard but once a man retaliates, there is only one loser in these situations. It just the way society works (and should).....but certainly I'm not excusing her for starting it. Both have issues by the sounds of it, it's a pity it has lead to this but I still think the club has made the correct decision.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Initiated by her or not, he shouldn't have retaliated. I know in certain high pressure situations this can be very hard but once a man retaliates, there is only one loser in these situations. It just the way society works (and should).....but certainly I'm not excusing her for starting it. Both have issues by the sounds of it, it's a pity it has lead to this but I still think the club has made the correct decision.
    Spot on. An ex acquaintance of mine retaliated after his ex threw a toaster at his head. I think she missed, he then choked her. By the neck. Not for no reason, and clearly she’s got issues too, but still no excuse for his actions.

Leave the situation, and the person. Nobody wins when violence comes into the equation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Warming the Bench
    It is all just a pity.
    1. Firstly, for the girl (being hit and also the miscarriage);
    2. for ET (NOT condoning the actions, but it is a shame he is known for something other than football),
    3. for the club; and
    4. for the AFL.

I think the lawyer was well within his rights to have a go at the media, and the Premier - not to jump to conclusions before all of the facts came to light. The club may have acted differently perhaps in hindsight (by taking him to QLD), given the delicate nature about bringing ET out of WA into a completely different environment, but what is done is done.

DV IS deplorable, and should never be accepted in any circumstance. I just hope reasoned argument was evaluated when this all came into being, and ET was given a fair hearing from the club. If ET was hit first he should have refrained - it is never acceptable to hit another person (especially a woman). Notwithstanding, he was reacting, and this can bee seen in a somewhat different circumstance. But before anyone gets their knickers in a knot, I reiterate, DV is totally unacceptable.

As for the decision undertaken by the club, the club could have gone both ways, and maybe they should have waited after sentencing.

The media have portrayed ET as a rebel rouser for having his GF to come to the Swan Valley hotel, (now we know why) to comfort her (and I would think it is now unfair given the facts presented how ET was essentially treated). One should not pass judgement until all the facts are known. However, the DV incident is something that is inexcusable.

The AFL were too quick to levy a $50K fine - they should have been more accommodating to ET and to the Swans. They were given sufficient leeway by a government (QLD) to start their season, when in all honesty football is not essential. Clear double standards here. It would have been nice to have the understanding that the QLD government afforded to the AFL also given in-turn by the AFL to the Swans/ET.

I hope for everyone's sake, the lessons are taken out of this unfortunate situation, that ET learns life lessons, never does this again and grows up to be a fine upstanding member of our community. Unfortunate for everyone.

Any man that punches a woman in the back of the head is a dog.

Piss of ET and don’t come back.

Axed Swan Taylor spared jail over ex-girlfriend assault

"Taylor responded by punching Ms Pearce in the jaw and hitting her several times in the face, according to a statement of facts tendered by police prosecutors.
    Taylor, who has been on bail since his arrest, then struck her with a belt while she screamed out in pain, crying for him to stop. When Ms Pearce said she was going to the police, Taylor punched her in the back of the head, causing her to fall to the floor."
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"