A major theme of the Richmond game plan is to relentlessly push the ball forward, by any means possible. Every player is on the same page with this, so it's not dependent any particular player to execute this plan. They all do it to the best of their respective abilities. It obviously works for them.

I can't see Longmire being comfortable with this kind of game plan, except for the high pressure part of their game that causes all those turnovers. I think we will have a plan closer to the Hawthorn game plan during their premiership run, but with more speed. That means more organisation and control of the footy. Our best asset, at least with the younger group, is that we have a lot of players with both speed and good kicking skills. So I expect we will try to combine both of these aspects into a game plan that features more offence than we've shown in recent times. I hope to see line breaking runs setting up precision kicking to our forwards. It's not what we've done in the past, but it's the kind of game that suits our current personnel.