Page 140 of 529 FirstFirst ... 4090130136137138139140141142143144150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,669 to 1,680 of 6340

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Who can forget Matt
    I'm really not trying to bully BS. Strangely enough, I'm having the same reaction to BS that I had with Matt80. I even sent Matt80 a couple of PMs to steer him away from commentary that I knew would bring on a lot of flak. And I'm getting the same kind of feedback from BS that I got from Matt80, who was a big American sports fan, and I think a Tom Brady fan in particular, IIRC.

BS brings a lot of amusement to the forum, so I don't want things to deteriorate like it did with Matt80. It hurts me to see the negative feedback he gets. It's like watching somebody getting stoned; not like Ludwig gets stoned, but in a biblical sense, if you follow my drift.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    I'm really not trying to bully BS. Strangely enough, I'm having the same reaction to BS that I had with Matt80. I even sent Matt80 a couple of PMs to steer him away from commentary that I knew would bring on a lot of flak. And I'm getting the same kind of feedback from BS that I got from Matt80, who was a big American sports fan, and I think a Tom Brady fan in particular, IIRC.

BS brings a lot of amusement to the forum, so I don't want things to deteriorate like it did with Matt80. It hurts me to see the negative feedback he gets. It's like watching somebody getting stoned; not like Ludwig gets stoned, but in a biblical sense, if you follow my drift.
    Let me add to this, in the spirit of a few people asking for less friction on here and as someone who's been party to some of it.

BS: you genuinely and consistently exhibit a strong streak of left field thinking, creative thought, radical independence and endless curiousity. That's superb, and the more of it the better - even when I strongly disagree with it, it gives me something to think about. I'll try to be a little more geared to that, rather than just head shaking and smart arser-y.

(That proclivity for having your own mind is why I sometimes find your attachment to someone so frustrating but let's not go there.)

So, anyway: if you've got a plan to unlock the puzzle of our trading and salary cap requirements, go for it. If it involves trading Luke Parker or Dawson, expect feedback. But we'll try to do it the right way and have more fun on the way.

P.S: Getting stoned like Ludwig, that's the good way.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Only clubs with spare cap are like the Crows who have tipped out a number of senior players, reported Matt Crouch might take the RFA route as he's being shopped by his manager to every club, Crows are awash with spare cash.

North would be cashed up, Gold Coast have cap problems, Pies LOL, Saints problems, Bombers and Freo who knows?,

Oh, and Carlton who don't seem to have a salary cap.
    Agree 1 million percent on Carlton!!! How would they have any room at all - lets see:

Cripps
    McGovern
    Saad
    Williams
    Martin
    Curnow - wouldn't be on 50 bucks a week as he was seen as a future star.

I realise their list falls away quickly but they seem (like Collingwood and Hawthorn used to) be able to keep spending at will.

Also add Harry McKay to the above list who recently re-signed on big $$$$

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Also add Harry McKay to the above list who recently re-signed on big $$$$
    Yes for sure KSAS - I wasnt sure if he'd re-signed or not but he would be on at LEAST 600K you'd reckon. If he isnt can we poach him?

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    The observation re Carlton is right, but we’d have Bud, Paps, Heeney, Lloyd, Mills, Parker, Rampe and at least this year, JPK above $600k.

The one that is a rort is Geelong - all these players they keep around $500K (bar Cameron, Danger and Hawkins), who also happen to miraculously find enriching local marketing and sponsorship opportunities.

Regular in the Side
    The Glorious Peoples Republic of Hookturnistan
    One for Ludwig ( even though he says he has gone cold on him)- SEN reports Chol is exploring options

I won't post the link just in case I break something.
    sprite

Quote Originally Posted by Foreign Legion View Post
    Agree 1 million percent on Carlton!!! How would they have any room at all - lets see:

Cripps
    McGovern
    Saad
    Williams
    Martin
    Curnow - wouldn't be on 50 bucks a week as he was seen as a future star.

I realise their list falls away quickly but they seem (like Collingwood and Hawthorn used to) be able to keep spending at will.

Weitering is signed until 2025, so he must be on big money. He probably gets a bonus for being on the AA team.
    Walsh is out of contract next year, so we can expect at least 750k pa for him starting 2023, being conservative.
    I think Docherty is on big bucks.
    And I would think that Matt Kennedy and Setterfield also are on at least 500k, both being 1st round picks lured from GWS.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sprite View Post
    One for Ludwig ( even though he says he has gone cold on him)- SEN reports Chol is exploring options

I won't post the link just in case I break something.

I’d be cold on Chol. An ok ruckman, a poor forward.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    Nothing against Reid - it's not really his fault he's been injured so much - but I'd be aghast if the question of accommodating a new contract for him got in the way of re-signing Parker or Dawson.

From a purely football perspective (putting aside the human side of things), the contributions of both Amartey and McLean this year should give the club confidence that we can cope without Reid. If we only had the one showing glimpses, it would be a greater risk. But the fact we have a pair of them showing they might be able to play the Reid role long term is comforting.
    If we happily ditched Allir with only McCartin and Melican waiting in the wings, then Reid vs Amartey & McLean seems a much simpler equation.

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I’d be cold on Chol. An ok ruckman, a poor forward.
    I think Chol wants to stay in Melbourne. For us, the attractive thing about recruiting Chol is that it becomes an easy decision to drop both Sinclair and Reid, so it's a money saver even if he's not that good a player.

PS: Get well soon BT. Didn't I say you were too volatile to play with matches.

In regards to Parker I think he wants 4 years at 700 (2.8m) which will take him to 33. Id offer 6 years at 500 which will take him to 35 years of age (3m). I think he is durable enough and like Buddy if the mind knows that they have a year or two in their contract it will push him to service that contract. Kennedy is at that age now and is still very serviceable Thoughts??