Page 148 of 529 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,765 to 1,776 of 6340

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Amazing how over the years the second brother is always better than the first. Then the 3rd is better than the other 2. Terry Daniher was the first and best of the Danihers.
    Not always! Just off the top of my head, I can think of Michael and Brett Voss. Peter and Andrejs Everitt, Keiran & Brandon Jack. The Selwoods are an interesting case!

Every player should be selected on their merits or otherwise, not because they are 'Bob's brother', or 'Kev's Son' or whatever hahaha.

The love in should Warner v2 get selected on here will make the love in about Gould on social media (on the basis of a few sightings in SANFL) look tame

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Oh no TB. That’s like putting water on Gizmo. The Gremlins will be coming soon.
    Better a gremlin then a wannabe bot
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    Swap King for Rowbottom and he can go and be with his sister .
    Very Tasmanian.

Swap King for Rowbottom and he can go and be with his sister .
    Can you see it TB- Rowie gets the ball in the centre and with a beautiful kick finds King (doesn’t matter which one) on a quick lead who takes the mark on his chest- giving no chance for the defender and kicks the goal from 40 meters on a slight angle………….. magic!

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Oh no TB. That’s like putting water on Gizmo. The Gremlins will be coming soon.
    its the trade thread isn't it ,

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Can you see it TB- Rowie gets the ball in the centre and with a beautiful kick finds King (doesn’t matter which one) on a quick lead who takes the mark on his chest- giving no chance for the defender and kicks the goal from 40 meters on a slight angle………….. magic!
    trade thread not the fantasy thread

its the trade thread isn't it ,

- - - Updated - - -

trade thread not the fantasy thread
    Love you TB!
    Just get King in- doesn’t matter which one- I have faith in you! Next thing, you will appreciate what JR brings to the table.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Love you TB!
    Just get King in- doesn’t matter which one- I have faith in you! Next thing, you will appreciate what JR brings to the table.
    Starting with tomorrow i hope , wont be holding my breath

Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    Not always! Just off the top of my head, I can think of Michael and Brett Voss. Peter and Andrejs Everitt, Keiran & Brandon Jack. The Selwoods are an interesting case!
    The Goodes brothers

Quote Originally Posted by Nico View Post
    Amazing how over the years the second brother is always better than the first. Then the 3rd is better than the other 2. Terry Daniher was the first and best of the Danihers.
    The Swans alone are littered with examples to the contrary

Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    Anthony Stevens (North champion) was followed by our very own Gary Stevens and then Michael

Shane Crawford (Hawthorn Brownlow medalist) was followed by our own Justin Crawford

Barry Mitchell (yup, Tom’s father) had a younger brother Trevor who only ever played reserves for us

Micky O’Loughlin had a younger brother who only played a little bit with the Crows and ressies with us

Andy Otten 109 games with the Crows. Younger brother Max manager reserves games with us.

Ted Richards. Xav Richards

Kieran Jack. Brandon “28” Jack

Neil Cordy (235 games) was the eldest was followed by Neil (124 games) and youngest Graeme (27 games)

Daniel (dual premiership player) and younger brother Darren (1 game) Bradshaw
    Last edited by goswannies; 27th August 2021 at 10:43 PM.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Dawson is a critical signing and dwarfs Parker in our ability to challenge for a flag IMO.

Dawson then daylight in terms of priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Anthony Stevens (North champion) was followed by our very own Gary Stevens and then Michael

Shane Crawford (Hawthorn Brownlow medalist) was followed by our own Justin Crawford

Barry Mitchell (yup, Tom’s father) had a younger brother Trevor who only ever played reserves for us

Micky O’Loughlin had a younger brother, Ricky, who only played a little bit with the Crows and ressies with us

Andy Otten 109 games with the Crows. Younger brother Max manager reserves games with us.

Ted Richards. Xav Richards

Kieran Jack. Brandon “28” Jack

Neil Cordy (235 games) was the eldest was followed by Neil (124 games) and youngest Graeme (27 games)

Daniel (dual premiership player) and younger brother Darren (1 game) Bradshaw
    And the jury is still out but I predict that Nathan Jones’ career will be more decorated than his younger sibling Zac

Quote Originally Posted by Industrial Fan View Post
    Dawson is a critical signing and dwarfs Parker in our ability to challenge for a flag IMO.

Dawson then daylight in terms of priorities.
    Get where your coming from, but I'm not so convinced. Only because if Parker was to leave, we have a huge 'gap' in that sort of 'elder statesmen' role in the team once Kennedy does hang up the boots. I think Parker is hugely important in that respect - he is a real leader at the footy club.

But Dawson has a great mixture of skills and is critically important too.

I still reckon we will comfortably keep both, and that Hewett's likely to be the big name that may go (Stephens may go too, but he is far from anything in terms of a proven quality afl player yet).
    Last edited by mcs; 27th August 2021 at 11:42 PM.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."