Page 30 of 529 FirstFirst ... 202627282930313233344080130 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    This is the player I want in the mid season draft:

AFL news 2021: Alex Rance, Richmond Tigers, Perth Football League C2-Grade, Swan Valley

The greatest defender I’ve ever watched play the game. Only 31 years old and lining up to play country football in WA.

Get him into our backline McCartin, Rampe and Rance “BOOM”.
    No thanks. I'd rather lose games than have that overrated ham actor play for us

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Overrated ham actors...ex St Kilda thug full forwards...ex Saints ruck /full forward thug...all make their contributions.
    Can't all be Paul Roos, and wouldn't want them to be.

RWO favourite Barratt had this to say about Darcy Parish, could very well apply to a Swans player who has finally moved onball

IF he was quiet for nearly three months after resigning ... THEN

IF, you draft a kid at No.5 overall as a pure midfielder in junior footy ...
    THEN ... probably best to give him a proper crack as a midfielder in the AFL

To clarify, are you claiming that Alex Rance acted “Soccer Style” to win free kicks?

Veterans List
    To clarify, are you claiming that Alex Rance acted “Soccer Style” to win free kicks?
    There were 2 occasions that I remember where he did this against Buddy and both times the umpire fell for it. One of those occasions he acted like he was choking to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel_C View Post
    There were 2 occasions that I remember where he did this against Buddy and both times the umpire fell for it. One of those occasions he acted like he was choking to death.
    Used to do it heaps, but that time was particularly bad. Cringe

Used to do it heaps, but that time was particularly bad. Cringe
    Rance should be respected for the brilliant player that he is. Not that he allegedly acted for a free kick.

He would make a huge difference to any teams defence if he wanted to play elite football again.

Maybe it’s worth a phone call. The private AFL life of Sydney may apeal to him.

I never forget that last quarter of the final game of the 2014 season where he destroyed Kurt Tippett.

Veteran Site Admin
    Maybe it’s worth a phone call. The private AFL life of Sydney may apeal to him.
    Rance is not eligible for the 2021 Mid-Season draft, at least as the rules currently stand.

Rance is an A grade stager but a brilliant player. Imagine a backline containing Rance, Rampe and McCartain.
    I'd take him in a heart beat.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Rance is an A grade stager but a brilliant player. Imagine a backline containing Rance, Rampe and McCartain.
    I'd take him in a heart beat.
    Although there is a chance, that we'll end up with two McCartins in our back half. I was very impressed with Paddy in the VFL last week. He kicked some lovely darts and read the incoming ball very well. A couple of times, I noticed him positioning himself as a loose man and then manoeuvring around players closer to the ball drop, to take defensive marks.

It will be interesting to see if we keep him down back, or give him more of a run as a forward.

Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    Although there is a chance, that we'll end up with two McCartins in our back half. I was very impressed with Paddy in the VFL last week. He kicked some lovely darts and read the incoming ball very well. A couple of times, I noticed him positioning himself as a loose man and then manoeuvring around players closer to the ball drop, to take defensive marks.

It will be interesting to see if we keep him down back, or give him more of a run as a forward.
    He has looked good. Having a third tall in our backline would free up Dawson to play looser and also allow Rampe to play on third tall / medium with a bit more freedom to rebound.
    I think it would also lower the risk of further head knocks for both McCartains, especially Paddy, playing defence.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    He has looked good. Having a third tall in our backline would free up Dawson to play looser and also allow Rampe to play on third tall / medium with a bit more freedom to rebound.
    I think it would also lower the risk of further head knocks for both McCartains, especially Paddy, playing defence.
    What about the risk of the McCartin brothers crashing into each other and knocking themselves out in a single play? Our defence could collapse in an instant. It could be McCurtains for the McCartins.