Page 444 of 529 FirstFirst ... 344394434440441442443444445446447448454494 ... LastLast
Results 5,317 to 5,328 of 6340

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Corey Warner feature really high in a number of the Combine tests, touch and go that he'll last to our second pick. If we want him it will be a reach with our first at pick 18 or we'll need to trade up our second on the night. Corey says he'd love to play at the Swans so we'll know exactly who else is interested in drafting him and who the threats are.

With two other Warner brothers in the pipeline, maybe we can get the full set of four :-)

Angus Anderson, a Swans Academy player, made top 10 of the 2km run, anyone know anything about him?
    I was quite impressed with Anderson, when I saw him in a couple of academy games and a VFL game. Tough inside midfielder who gets plenty of the ball and uses it creatively. Can also lay a tackle. At the very least, I expect him to make our VFL squad. Though I think it's more likely that he'll be rookie listed, or even taken late in the draft proper.

This is a story on him from Draft Central.

Anderson rides the wave of a long footballing journey - Aussie Rules Draft Central

Quote Originally Posted by giant View Post
    #2 has merit. I guess for your dead-set stars you're in similar terrain to the PSD but at least those who chose to go this route don't get Lachie Neale AND #1 draft pick.
    That's the key point for mine. It forces the club getting the player to give something genuinely up for the player, rather then using a loophole to get them for nothing.

Far better outcome for mine as it creates a proper opportunity cost that gives them genuine incentive to fairly negotiate an outcome at the trade table, then risk someone

I don't mind the earlier suggestion of being able to match bids either like f/s or academy players. Again, creates a situation where they stump up actual value for the player.

Want that 24 year old gun that isn't a free agent but is out of contract. That's fine but you also can't expect to not pay some price for him.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Senior Player

Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Great news!

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    Great news!
    Agree while some on this board don’t rate him obviously the club does.

On the veteran's list
    Quote Originally Posted by neilfws View Post
    Hardly worth the celebration the Swans are making of it. What will we get next? Ronke signs on! Or Clarke recommits! Obviously a slow news time of year. What I'm waiting for is the McDonald extension.
    Those who have the greatest power to hurt us are those we love.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Faunac8 View Post
    Agree while some on this board don’t rate him obviously the club does.
    hope roadrunner doesnt take this news too hard

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    Hardly worth the celebration the Swans are making of it. What will we get next? Ronke signs on! Or Clarke recommits! Obviously a slow news time of year. What I'm waiting for is the McDonald extension.
    Stuff all else to write about at this time of year I guess lol.

Going to be interesting to see if wicks can take the next steps or not.

Sent from my CPH2009 using Tapatalk
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by The Big Cat View Post
    WTF are you on about , this thread has 400 pages of whinging about Judas and his disloyalty , then we get a player commit to the club who plays like a BLOOD and you whinge about it . Im no Wicks fan but are you F ing mad

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    hope roadrunner doesnt take this news too hard
    Thanks TB!
    Seriously, I’m not against having Wicks and happy that he has signed on. I just want him to improve his game: be involved more, impact the scoreboard and if your main role is to apply pressure to curb the half backs from run and carry, then please do so and don’t just run around like a headless chook. And don’t give away too many frees!

Apart from that, your game is perfect!😊

Personally, I'm very pleased that Wicks has re-signed. He had an excellent season playing in most games. He has room for improvement but has yet to reach his prime. Plenty of upside in my view.

Bit harsh lol. Wicks has shown hes best 22 more than Ronke and Clarke.