Page 78 of 529 FirstFirst ... 286874757677787980818288128178 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Molly dooker View Post
    Sorry to bother you all, had a chat with Sth Aus sister who said someone on here stated JDawson wants to return to ADL!

I haven't seen it anywhere, did I miss something?

Will be bloody upset if it's true.
    Was on the channel 9 news a month ago that Cows had put forward a big contract to him/manager. A couple of weeks later it was repeated in the Adelaide Advertiser (Murdoch press)

Close to my favourite player, will be hugely annoyed if he sticks his hand up for a move. He's from Robe on the south coast, family are cray fishers, so he's not an Adelaide boy as such.

So Cows are a danger to us this trade period, are rebuilding, got Dawson in their sights and Adelaide boys Stephens and Gould not getting games :-(

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    I haven't heard or read anything like that. Sounds like pure conjecture at the moment. Having said that, I'd love him to resign soon.
    Re-sign.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    Re-sign.
    Haha. He's a bit young to give it all up.

Cal Twomey's Phantom Form Guide: Best draft prospects ranked

Cal Twomey's first phantom form guide for the season. I predict Ludwig will like the look of Mac Andrew, a young ruck, who is ranked at about the level our pick will be - so a plausible option for us if you would consider using a first round pick on a ruck (many wouldn't). At this early stage it seems that Josh Gibcus could be ideal for us but is unlikely to slip to our pick.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Cal Twomey's Phantom Form Guide: Best draft prospects ranked

Cal Twomey's first phantom form guide for the season. I predict Ludwig will like the look of Mac Andrew, a young ruck, who is ranked at about the level our pick will be - so a plausible option for us if you would consider using a first round pick on a ruck (many wouldn't). At this early stage it seems that Josh Gibcus could be ideal for us but is unlikely to slip to our pick.
    Cometti-level action here from Twomey: " A number of clubs will be lining up to take a swing at Amiss."
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    Cometti-level action here from Twomey: " A number of clubs will be lining up to take a swing at Amiss."
    Although some of the more superstitious fans, might not like their first choice being Amiss. And personally, I can see the appeal of our future ruck division being Mac Andrew and McAndrew.

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    And personally, I can see the appeal of our future ruck division being Mac Andrew and McAndrew.
    My thoughts exactly
    Can't say I'm happy about the Dogs getting another free hit from the draft - but the young Darcy sounds like a super prospect. If they can somehow keep all their stars within the salary cap, they should be a very good team for some time.

Veterans List
    Very good.

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    My thoughts exactly
    Can't say I'm happy about the Dogs getting another free hit from the draft - but the young Darcy sounds like a super prospect. If they can somehow keep all their stars within the salary cap, they should be a very good team for some time.
    Hopefully they screw it all up and sink back into some form of mediocrity forever in a day - but you are right.

While I wouldn't be against broader draft reforms that could include removing father-son, I don't have an issue with their access to Darcy. Their access to the No 1 last year was a farce however - but at least changes have been made around NGA to tighten up the rort it truly was.

On another random question (and someone that has looked closer than me will probably know), do existing rules allow for a mother-son recruitment circumstance in the future?
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    A new 195 cm goal kicking forward has come into Cal Twomey's Draft team of year.

Twomey's Draft Team of the Year: WA goalkickers on target, Saint's brother in

............. with the somewhat comical name of Jye Amiss. It could be a challenge for nonnative determinists.

I better start working on BT's script for next year. Plenty of material here.
    A bit late to the party though.

Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    My thoughts exactly
    They're going to have to do plenty of trading to get the picks to cover him, though. Assuming that the pick guide on Big Footy is correct, their first pick is currently at 17, and then there's nothing until the fourth round at 72. And I don't think 72 has any points value.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by dejavoodoo44 View Post
    They're going to have to do plenty of trading to get the picks to cover him, though. Assuming that the pick guide on Big Footy is correct, their first pick is currently at 17, and then there's nothing until the fourth round at 72. And I don't think 72 has any points value.
    That pick guide on Big Footy is spot on, it's a work of art by Lore the author and so easy to read at a glance. When it comes to Daicos and Darcy, let's hope they are chosen very early as neither club has the points in hand currently, which is particularly amusing with the Pies :-)