Page 131 of 529 FirstFirst ... 3181121127128129130131132133134135141181231 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,572 of 6340

Thread: 2021 trading, drafting and list management: players and personnel

Quote Originally Posted by liz View Post
    There's a difference between Lyon talking with Carlton (or Carlton speaking with Lyon) in private, and making a quasi-pitch via the media for a job that already has an incumbent. It lacks grace.
    That may be the only time Ross Lyon and the word "grace" have been in the same thought line.

Ego alta, ergo ictus Ruck'n'Roll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bandwagon View Post
    I don't know if there are any mature body rucks in the SANFL or WAFL that have shown potential, but that might be a low cost option.
    It's a strategy that most recently yeilded Knoll - but it might not be a bad strategy if Sinkers is finished - Not a replacement for getting someone like Flynn though

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    The other thing is, and I say this as something who really likes McLean, he's not a ruck. He'll do the pinch hitting stuff as required, but he's not that skilled at either the tap work, or the role around the ground.

I love his games like last weekend and some of his games earlier in the year where's a hard working, lead up, meet the contest, pull in some marks, straight goal kicking, bullocking tall forward. And if he can keep developing his game and provide that physical presence doing the bash-crash type work, it'll take a lot of pressure of Logan McDonald while he physically develops.

He's not going to be as skilful, but think of the work Himmelberg did for Cameron during GWS' peak years.
    McLeans played his junior footy in the ruck according to Brereton, which makes his demonstrated lack of capability a bit surprising. It makes me wonder whether he'll improve over time, if he doesn't then on his performances so far we'll be conceding the ruck when he's acting as the relief. I think he's also a bit limited below his knees, but if that can be worked on it will help. I'd prefer Amarty as the relief ruck, but can we play Amarty, McLean and McDonald in the same post-Buddy forward line?
    Loose translation from the Latin is - I am tall, so I hit out.

Have we seen Reid and Sinclair play their last games for us?

Quote Originally Posted by The Runner View Post
    Have we seen Reid and Sinclair play their last games for us?
    Good question. Quite possibly … or was the dropping of Reid a negotiating tactic with his next deal?

See AA is in the AA squad of 40, along with Parker, Buddy, Paps and Mills

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruck'n'Roll View Post
    It's a strategy that most recently yeilded Knoll - but it might not be a bad strategy if Sinkers is finished - Not a replacement for getting someone like Flynn though

McLeans played his junior footy in the ruck according to Brereton, which makes his demonstrated lack of capability a bit surprising. It makes me wonder whether he'll improve over time, if he doesn't then on his performances so far we'll be conceding the ruck when he's acting as the relief. I think he's also a bit limited below his knees, but if that can be worked on it will help. I'd prefer Amarty as the relief ruck, but can we play Amarty, McLean and McDonald in the same post-Buddy forward line?
    I assume it’s the difference in leagues. A lower level ruckman at 198cm and a physical presence is probably sufficient. At AFL level, you can maybe be 198cm, but that’s on the low side and you need a lot of athleticism to match. I like McLean as a player, but he’s not athletic.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

I found a reference to Matt Ling's injury buried in an article on the Hun

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Matt Ling (foot) also resumed playing in the past fortnight.

So does that mean AA would have been in our best 5 ?

ahead of Rampe, Lloyd, Dawson etc ?

hmmmm
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post

No Cookies | Herald Sun

Good find.

I don't know why the club doesn't talk about injured players not in the highlights. There's also McDonald who has been out with crack in the jaw for a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    So does that mean AA would have been in our best 5 ?

ahead of Rampe, Lloyd, Dawson etc ?

hmmmm
    I still remember a post I made after the trade: AA + PA = AA

And I still question why we couldn't find a solution to getting Hickey while retaining Aliir, but we will never know the facts as they stood at the time.

Veterans List

No Cookies | Herald Sun

LOL (poor Matt).

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    Good find.

I don't know why the club doesn't talk about injured players not in the highlights. There's also McDonald who has been out with crack in the jaw for a few weeks.

I still remember a post I made after the trade: AA + PA = AA

And I still question why we couldn't find a solution to getting Hickey while retaining Aliir, but we will never know the facts as they stood at the time.
    Swans weren’t playing him regularly in his preferred defensive intercept position.

I was always puzzled after a breakout 2016 that the Swans didn’t continue to back him in defence.

Hinkley wanted AA on his team and in his defence.

Hinkley went after him and AA felt inspired.

Well played by Hinkley.
    Last edited by Bangalore Swans; 23rd August 2021 at 08:58 PM.

See AA is in the AA squad of 40, along with Parker, Buddy, Paps and Mills
    Of our 4, I think only Papley genuinely in contention. Greene plays a similar role. Could they be fighting for one spot?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)