Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Live: R4 V Bombers @SCG Thursday 8/4/2021

People earlier in the thread were wondering who our runner was (other than Brett Kirk). I think it's our physio, Damian Raper.

Coffs Harbour - home of Swans summer camp
    I know I shouldn't be suprised by AFL.COM journalists, but how was Reid not listed in the "best"? AFL.COM.AU Match Report
    He and Parker were both BOG from my perspective on the couch.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Quote Originally Posted by RogueSwan View Post
    I know I shouldn't be suprised by AFL.COM journalists, but how was Reid not listed in the "best"? AFL.COM.AU Match Report
    I agree. I thought sam had his best game for a long time. He saved us many times in that last qtr with his strong marking.

I don't know how Lloyd gets a mention with the AFL writers. I thought he had a poor game. Very slow to make decisions, his kicking is below average and he doesnt like to tackle.

Quote Originally Posted by The Great One View Post
    My only difference would be to have Rowbottom as the Medical Sub and Hayward in Heeney's spot in the forward line. I think we need him there as I think Reid will be of more use as a 2nd ruck and spare defender. Best game I have seen him play last night. Did some great stuff at crucial times.
    I think we need Hayward too. Reid was our only contested mark option going forward after Heeney left the ground. It has never been Buddy's forte and McDonald is still learning.
    Or push Parker forward and bring in Paddlebum as we know Luke can take some really strong grabs in the F50. Not my preferred option as Parker has been really good in the middle this season.
    "Fortunately, this is the internet, so knowing nothing is no obstacle to having an opinion!." Beerman 18-07-2017

Pushing for Selection
    As I posted earlier in this thread I thought Reid had some very good moments at crucial times and it would be the best game I have seen him play. I have more confidence in him as a second ruck and spare defender than as a key forward. Definitely in the best three Swans on the night.

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by goswannies View Post
    Reid has been phenomenal in the last quarter. So many 1%ers. A touch, creating a contest, holding vital marks. Best swing man in red and white since LRT and Laurie Nash
    Agree, don't think I've seen him play a better game or have so many critical touches. Let's hope this is the standard going forward

If you kick the goals you should rather than points you don't end up in a fight to the final siren. If we'd kicked the goals we should have, we'd have won by 5 goals. Five day break after a very hot afternoon game took it's toll, got a nice 9 dayer now
    Last edited by 707; 9th April 2021 at 09:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Swanny40519 View Post
    ... I don't know how Lloyd gets a mention with the AFL writers. I thought he had a poor game. Very slow to make decisions, his kicking is below average and he doesnt like to tackle.
    Oh, I missed that. I thought he was very ordinary last night. I guess they are just looking at stats like disposals?

Senior Player
    Oh, I missed that. I thought he was very ordinary last night. I guess they are just looking at stats like disposals?
    Thought Lloyd was among our best and was very good when we were under the pump early. B and F winner highly rated by the club but I guess a few on here know better.

Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Thought Lloyd was among our best and was very good when we were under the pump early. B and F winner highly rated by the club but I guess a few on here know better.
    Normally I have no concerns when the ball is in Lloyd's hands but last night he made me nervous when he was kicking. Although most of our back six lacked their normal composure last night.

Regular in the Side
    https://twitter.com/AFLPlayerRating/...7Ctwgr%5Etweet
    Parker and Reed had their best performance this season so far and Blakey did not do well.

Goodesgoodesgoodesgoodes! Industrial Fan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    I went away from the game feeling a little flat. I wanted Don Pyke football, I wanted 120 points and the ball zinging through the corridor. I got an old school Swans boundary line battle.

The Ist year players looked tired. I was calling for them to be rested and you can see that 5 day breaks are tough for 19 year olds.

I have to give “The Bloods” his due. Justin Mac was suberb, particularly in the last quarter. Kicked a great goal and passed a key pass off to Franklin.
    yes, old school swans game just with more than 30 shots on goal 🙄

Senior Player
    Stressful! Like every game in the mid-late 2000s. Guess we've been spoilt by the rampaging wins.

If they'd lost I'd be saying it was down to inaccuracy and poor skills at key moments. Since they won I can say they did what was required when it mattered to get the win - and I think that's true. Florent's wonderful tap near the boundary to keep the ball at the right end in the last minute or so, for example.

Feels like there could be changes (aside from Heeney) next week, even with the long break. One or two youngsters might need a break and I imagine Rowbottom may be back if fit.

Daring to dream! Some very winnable games coming up, could go 6-0.