Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes for Rd 13 vs Hawthorn

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    The kick was so well placed that it resembled a QB dropping a long pass into an imaginary bucket for the WR.

Chad is on the fast road to AFL superstardom. Any opposition AFL player who dares to stand in the way of Chad better be ready to walk around sore for most of the week. In the words of Miley Cyrus Chad walks onto an AFL field “like a wrecking ball”.
    In English please !

Suspended by the MRP
    Chad’s demonstration of power and beaking the lines capability reminds me of a young Luke Parker.

Chad is probably ahead of Luke Parker at the same age.

I think in the post Buddy era that Chad will be the Swans most marketable player.
    You are wrong on this . Parker is a warrior who will give his all but if he tried to do half the things Chad does he would get nowhere and he knows that and has made himself a Bloods great by sticking to what he is best at ! Chad has the makings of Paul kelly and it is up to himself and how hard he is willing to work if he gets himself to that level . Unlikely personally but at worst he will be a superstar who will be competing for Brownlows and if the team around him comes on like we expect them to he will be dominating in grand finals. Big call and i bet i will be right.

You are wrong , Heeney is our most marketable player Garry Lyon said it himself and for a Swan besides Buddy to get that sort of recognition south of the border shows it ! promotional stuff will not be Chad's strong suit and thats OK he can let his talents do the talking

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    You are wrong on this . Parker is a warrior who will give his all but if he tried to do half the things Chad does he would get nowhere and he knows that and has made himself a Bloods great by sticking to what he is best at ! Chad has the makings of Paul kelly and it is up to himself and how hard he is willing to work if he gets himself to that level . Unlikely personally but at worst he will be a superstar who will be competing for Brownlows and if the team around him comes on like we expect them to he will be dominating in grand finals. Big call and i bet i will be right.

You are wrong , Heeney is our most marketable player Garry Lyon said it himself and for a Swan besides Buddy to get that sort of recognition south of the border shows it ! promotional stuff will not be Chad's strong suit and thats OK he can let his talents do the talking
    We are clearly both Platnium members of the Chad fan club.

I think Chad has the charisma, the dash, the hair, the physical hardness and the elite skill level to be our most marketable player. That goal out of the middle against Richmond was vintage marketable Chad.

Chad also has a superstar name. You have Dusty, Danger, Buddy, Bont, Fyfe and now Chad.

The thing with Heeney is that every season he tends to spend some time out injured meaning that we don’t see him in action all the time.

Not surprising to see the double standards on show here from some - happy to roll out plenty of excuses in the book for some but then have spent months berating other players on exactly the same things.

Anyway, back on topic.

Disappointing to hear Warner will miss some footy, but an obvious point for him to miss as well - will get 3 weeks between games to recover, and has looked in the last few weeks like he needs a freshen up (as arguably do several of the younger guys).

Stephens for Warner for mine (Or perhaps Taylor coming in), maybe Brand for Fox, and leave it at that.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I think Chad has the charisma, the dash, the hair, the physical hardness and the elite skill level to be our most marketable player. That goal out of the middle against Richmond was vintage marketable Chad.

Chad also has a superstar name. You have Dusty, Danger, Buddy, Bont, Fyfe and now Chad.

The thing with Heeney is that every season he tends to spend some time out injured meaning that we don’t see him in action all the time.
    I think we all agree Bangalore that Chad has great talent and can develop into a star player. But he has a long way to go and we are only seeing glimpses at this stage. Another year or two and he could be up there with the best.

On the other hand, Heaney already is! It is exciting looking forward to the development of this team as we will need a squad of around 25 very good players to win a flag and to become a true powerhouse team. Chad could be one of our key players, for sure. But let’s not put too much pressure on the kid.

Plays 10 odd games at age 20 and is already capable of vintage moments?! Lol

Suspended by the MRP

He and Jmac are on different levels to the rest as players mark my words but the minute you start thinking of yourself as a star you have shot yourself in the foot

They need to just keep their heads down bum up and working at what their doing and their reputations will write themselves

Then with a bit of luck Gulden, Campbell, Florent, Stephens, McCartin, McDonald, Dawson, Amartey etc can build a great team around them. I am confident of that , not certain

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    He and Jmac are on different levels to the rest as players mark my words but the minute you start thinking of yourself as a star you have shot yourself in the foot

They need to just keep their heads down bum up and working at what their doing and their reputations will write themselves

Then with a bit of luck Gulden, Campbell, Florent, Stephens, McCartin, McDonald, Dawson, Amartey etc can build a great team around them. I am confident of that , not certain
    Agree with all that. I would ad Rowbottom and Blakey to that list.

Rowbottom had a great moment early in the match where he picked up the hard ball at half forward, fended off a defender and then in the words of his uncle delivered “a great little ball” to Franklin. He will consistently get better as well.

Agree that Chad and J-Mac are a class above. J-Mac’s strong mark in the final two minutes was key.

The hyperbolic nonsense on here made me quite literally laugh aloud. JMac and Warner have somehow transcended the rest of our list based on their respective potential alone. Good thing I enjoy reading fiction.

As other sensible posters have said, I'd be content with Taylor and Brand coming in for Warner and Fox.

I'm in favour of Taylor or Bell for Warner. Except that I am wary of making too many changes I'd think about bringing the other of Taylor and Bell in for Wicks. Wicks is also young and his form has been a bit down the last couple of weeks. He could potentially use a breather.

As for Fox and Brand, for me it really depends on the reason that Fox was down. I'm not dropping him just because he had a poor game unless it is something like an injury that analysis suggests he'll struggle again. He had a good game the week before against Carlton.

I'm happy to leave Blakey in the magoos for now. I'm leaning towards applying the same logic for Stephens but partly I think maybe we should give him another run now against the Hawks so he's better prepared if we want to call on him in coming weeks when we have a tough run: Port, West Coast, Bulldogs, Giants. By then he'll also be competing with the returning Gulden and Campbell although I would expect that they'll return via the reserves.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veteran Site Admin
    It's likely to be cold and wet on Friday night. Yesterday the weather forecast (the one I read, anyway) indicated Friday might be OK (after a miserable Wednesday and Thursday) but now it's indicating the bad weather will continue into Friday. That suggests we need solid bodies who can hunt the ball and hold their feet. Taylor's skill limitations might not be as much of a handicap at they would be on a dry night. And an extra tall in defence may not be so valuable.

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark26 View Post
    The hyperbolic nonsense on here made me quite literally laugh aloud. JMac and Warner have somehow transcended the rest of our list based on their respective potential alone. Good thing I enjoy reading fiction.

As other sensible posters have said, I'd be content with Taylor and Brand coming in for Warner and Fox.
    Why is it nonsense to be ####### happy we've got two potentially generational talents in our ranks ? Something to celebrate imho , great drafting

And im told im negative !

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast