Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes v West Coast

Brand punished for last week means we go small in defence again. Rampe had better find some form. I normally hate the Swans in the wet but perhaps it helps us against the aerial Eagles.

I suspect O’Riordan comes in for Brand and Wicks for Bell.

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    So McCartin, Rampe and Fox to take on the druggies' three-headed monster.

I generally think our coaching staff do a terrific job, but I do wonder if McCartin as a young KPD suffers a bit from being the sole decent tall, particularly with Rampe being a bit down of late.

It's probably no coincidence he was playing better when he had a dependable sidekick in Melican (and of course that's when we were playing a bit better). Melican's not perfect, but has attributes and genuine height in big marking contests has to help.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Pretty embarrassing for Blakey and Stephens that Bell is preferred. Coach obviously feels Bell's effort trumps their current level of play, even though each are infinitely more talented and capable.

Andrew Bromham
    Blakey is in the squad

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Bromham View Post
    Blakey is in the squad
    Sure, but chances are Bell will be picked in front of him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Sure, but chances are Bell will be picked in front of him.
    Sounds like Blakey/Oriordan and Wicks would be in and Bell would be the sub.

The decision which hasn’t been made is the Amartey/McLean/Sinclair but I reckon Sinclair comes in.

Not sure if Hickeys output is down because the opposition has found him out or he is not doing enough around the ground and in ruck due to knee. Not sure if he is covering as much ground as before.

I'm disappointed that some of our high draft picks can't get onto the field. Before I get berated, I know some are not ready and that many players take time, they're working on their craft, some like Ling have been injured, or like Stephens have had interrupted pre-seasons etc.

But I'm scratching my head with Ling, Gould, Blakey and Stephens. I still have high hopes for all of them at the Swans, but a bit of doubt is creeping in too. Out of those four, only Blakey has a contract beyond this season's end. I would absolutely hate to see them traded and then go on to shine at another club.

Has KB got it wrong? Do the coaches not know what to do with these players? Or am I just being unreasonable? Feel free to digitally slap me if it's the latter.

Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    The decision which hasn’t been made is the Amartey/McLean/Sinclair but I reckon Sinclair comes in.
    Amartey has been selected “on field” and so the decision has been made. 99% sure that all four players that become emergencies have to be named on the extended bench in the Thursday before being finalised in the Friday.

I don’t understand why Fox and Bell keep getting games? They must be much admired by their fellow players and coaches.

I would have preferred Amarty just to follow Oscar Allen when he relieves in the ruck and plays forward. Rampe has Darling and McCartin has Kennedy.

Happy with Blakey back in the mix but I also want Stephens. The non selection of Stephens reminds me of the non-selection of Tom Mitchell in 2014.

Chad continues to be a huge out. If Sydney lose this game it will be the 3rd loss in a row without Chad. If the Swans continue to lose without Chad then Malcom Gladwell will be finding a statistical finding and hypothesising a “Chad factor” in measuring Swans performance.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    I don’t understand why Fox and Bell keep getting games? They must be much admired by their fellow players and coaches.

I would have preferred Amarty just to follow Oscar Allen when he relieves in the ruck and plays forward. Rampe has Darling and McCartin has Kennedy.

Happy with Blakey back in the mix but I also want Stephens. The non selection of Stephens reminds me of the non-selection of Tom Mitchell in 2014.

Chad continues to be a huge out. If Sydney lose this game it will be the 3rd loss in a row without Chad. If the Swans continue to lose without Chad then Malcom Gladwell will be finding a statistical finding and hypothesising a “Chad factor” in measuring Swans performance.
    Surely you can’t be serious Bangalore in comparing Stephens with Mitchell, Tom was getting 40+ possessions.!

Stephens, together with our other kids, has a lot to learn and quite a way to go before ready for regular AFL footy.

Yes, the Chad is an important cog but we’re in trouble if we are relying on 1 player to win games!

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post
    Surely you can’t be serious Bangalore in comparing Stephens with Mitchell, Tom was getting 40+ possessions.!

Stephens, together with our other kids, has a lot to learn and quite a way to go before ready for regular AFL footy.

Yes, the Chad is an important cog but we’re in trouble if we are relying on 1 player to win games!
    I’m as serious as a heart attack. You have a player who was taken at pick 5 in 2019 and he’s not playing seniors. The Swans rated him the 5th best junior in the land in 2019. Give him a chance to make mistakes and progress. Bell and Fox seem to get opportunities to make mistakes and keep being selected.

Give Stephens his chance to develop without the fear of being dropped every week. The talent is there. Let it shine.

We don’t just rely on Chad. We rely on many. The analysis may show that Chad is the difference maker if the Swans continue to lose with Chad not in the side.

If the Swans beat West Coast I’ll find another story.

Quote Originally Posted by Roadrunner View Post

Roadrunner, I too was going to reply to BS but there was so much wrong in there it bordered on baiting so I refrained. However, for the record, I’m with you.

Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast