Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920 LastLast

Thread: Round 16 • Sydney Swans v West Coast Eagles @Geelong

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    This week’s votes were such an interesting set of votes trying to work out who gave whom votes
    I for one wouldn’t have predicted a four voter for Heeney..did Longmire see a lot of work he put in before the flashes of brilliance at the end
    Mills and Florent were consistent for both coaches
    I can’t actually decide who gave Heeney the four as the other coach didn’t give any to Heeney
    Was it Longmire for pressure and effort and brilliance toward the end or was it Simpson for something he saw but only one coach went all in on Heeney
    I also can’t pick which coach chose the 2 and 1 votes ..id lean toward 2 and 1 for McInerney and Hewett from Longmire
    What do people think ?

Sydney v West Coast
    10 Callum Mills (SYD)
    7 Oliver Florent (SYD)
    4 Isaac Heeney (SYD)
    3 Tom Hickey (SYD)
    2 Justin McInerney (SYD)
    2 Jordan Dawson (SYD)
    1 Lance Franklin (SYD)
    1 George Hewett (SYD)
    I reckon Longmire would have given 4 to Ollie and three to Hickey and Simpson has given Ollie 3 and Heeney the 4.....that's my guess. I also think your pretty on the mark with your 2's and 1's.

Quote Originally Posted by stevoswan View Post
    I reckon Longmire would have given 4 to Ollie and three to Hickey and Simpson has given Ollie 3 and Heeney the 4.....that's my guess. I also think your pretty on the mark with your 2's and 1's.
    I think you’re absolutely right
    Longmire sees effort

I think you’re absolutely right
    Longmire sees effort
    Not saying Dawson and Buddy don’t give effort ..they all did .. think he would have his gaze on the gutsy and classy Mcinernney and Hewett efforts moreso…i personally saw them everywhere with my eyes

- - - Updated - - -

Not saying Dawson and Buddy don’t give effort ..they all did .. think he would have his gaze on the gutsy and classy Mcinernney and Hewett efforts moreso…i personally saw them everywhere with my eyes
    Hopefully you know what I’m trying to say
    Can be so verbose at times

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    And JMac is up for the Rising Star, again

McInerney earns second Rising Star Nomination

Suspended by the MRP
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post

He is a special player , never seen a swan cover so much ground since D Hannebery and Jmac has him beat for class and leg speed , just a super player . Cant wait to watch him over th enext 10 years

Quote Originally Posted by TheBloods View Post
    He is a special player , never seen a swan cover so much ground since D Hannebery and Jmac has him beat for class and leg speed , just a super player . Cant wait to watch him over th enext 10 years
    And on top of that his personality is infectiously likeable ..was watching the Fox coverage after he game amd I don’t know why story he was relating to i think it was RB ..he was still having fun like he does on the field ..the energy gor the gametime and for the team are really quite special

Fantastic for Justin!! To add to my previous post on our youthful polling in the coaches votes, we are amassing quite the bounty of Rising Star nominated players!!

2021 - Errol Gulden, Braeden Campbell, Chad Warner, Justin McInerney
    2020 - Justin McInerney
    2019 - Nick Blakey
    2018 - Ben Ronke, Oliver Florent

Just in the last 4 years alone! And of those, only Ronke has a question mark over his head!! McDonald, Stephens, Gould all still eligible! Wicks no doubt just missed out by a few months because of his age!

Just wonderful recruiting and drafting by KB and the gang!! Our youth are the envy of the competition!

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post

Great news. The kid oozes class. The chain of handballs which lead to our fist goal contained a McInerney pearler (his second HB in that chain) that put Ollie in the clear for the kick into the square for Amartey to convert. It was a brilliant moment in a great overall game from Jmac.

Well done Juzzy! Super talent.

I’ve also noticed that Errol has drifted to $51 for the award. A big end of the season and I reckon he’s still a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post
    Fantastic for Justin!! To add to my previous post on our youthful polling in the coaches votes, we are amassing quite the bounty of Rising Star nominated players!!

2020 - Justin McInerney
    2019 - Nick Blakey

Just in the last 4 years alone! And of those, only Ronke has a question mark over his head!! McDonald, Stephens, Gould all still eligible! Wicks no doubt just missed out by a few months because of his age!

Just wonderful recruiting and drafting by KB and the gang!! Our youth are the envy of the competition!
    Don't forget we have the 2014 winner on our list as well. Beat the Bont by 1 vote!

Regular in the Side
    Quote Originally Posted by NeonBible View Post

2020 - Justin McInerney
    2019 - Nick Blakey
    Other past nominees in our current list
    2017 Melican R18, Hayward R23
    2016 Mills R16, Winner, Papley R5, Clarke R18 (North Melb)
    2015 Heeney R3,
    2014 Cunningham R15, Llyod R21, Taylor R9 (Winner Lions)
    2011 Reid R12
    Total of 17 nominees currently on our list

Quote Originally Posted by Ralph Dawg View Post
    Don't forget we have the 2014 winner on our list as well. Beat the Bont by 1 vote!
    Made me think, "is it that long ago that Mills won; no wonder we've all been crying out for him to move to the mids".
    But no: it's Lewis Taylor, isn't it.