Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 18 v GWS @ Metricon Stadium Gold Coast, Sun 18 July 6.10pm

Quote Originally Posted by Captain View Post
    The more I think about it, the more I reckon moving to QLD and into the warm is a huge disadvantage for us over GWS. We have much better support in Victoria and GWS hate the cold.
    Not that there is anything they could really do about it though (it’s not like there would have been crowds in Victoria anyway).

It is certainly a roll-with-the-punches situation (for supporters and players alike).

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post
    Not that there is anything they could really do about it though (it’s not like there would have been crowds in Victoria anyway).

It is certainly a roll-with-the-punches situation (for supporters and players alike).
    Yeah I know. Anywhere, anytime, anyone needs to be the mantra for sure.

No Changes. Rowbottom, Stephens and Sinclair on the extended bench now that the game has been moved to Sunday night.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    No Changes. Rowbottom, Stephens and Sinclair on the extended bench now that the game has been moved to Sunday night.
    I proposed earlier in the thread to manage Gulden as it was only a 6 day break. It’s now a 7 day turnaround so I propose that Gulden stays in the team.

I think it will end up being Rowbottom for Bell who will be the medical sub.

Rowbottom gives the team some extra grunt in the middle.

I think with good conditions that Buddy won’t be rested.

What happened to the families who flew down to Melbourne and are now spending 2 weeks in solitary confinement?

Can the AFL afford another financial disaster of a year and still survive? Will there be an AFL in 2022?

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    What happened to the families who flew down to Melbourne and are now spending 2 weeks in solitary confinement?

Can the AFL afford another financial disaster of a year and still survive? Will there be an AFL in 2022?
    Maybe they can cut 2 teams from our bloated competition to save some money?

Veterans List
    I was so looking forward to watching us play live for the rest of the season, especially attending a "home" game. The atmosphere at the Dogs game was amazing and I'm sure the players fed off it. I know the swans will have support in Queensland so hopefully they can cheer just as loud. I'll be cheering from my couch!

Quote Originally Posted by Matty10 View Post

Very true of course
    Was more saying that we’d lost a very important advantage considering we’d already moved from Sydney
    Ps don’t GWS always turn up to play us well certainly in recent memory

Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post

Had they already flown down ..I thought they’d held off on that and that the original preferred from the AFL had been for the families to isolate in qld before flying to Melbourne ..it’s what they’d planned anyway at least without the extra step to Melbourne …
    If I’m two weeks the hard lockdown in Melbourne is well abs truly over perhaps they’ll all come back together with the families ..it is a fluid landscape
    Are the Melbourne based teams that have flown out chosen because they have upcoming games against the qld and nsw teams and amongst themselves

Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    Had they already flown down ..I thought they’d held off on that and that the original preferred from the AFL had been for the families to isolate in qld before flying to Melbourne ..it’s what they’d planned anyway at least without the extra step to Melbourne …
    If I’m two weeks the hard lockdown in Melbourne is well abs truly over perhaps they’ll all come back together with the families ..it is a fluid landscape
    Are the Melbourne based teams that have flown out chosen because they have upcoming games against the qld and nsw teams and amongst themselves
    We have Gws , Freo and Essendon so it makes sense to stay in Qld till the end of that block of games …gws and Essendon play next week and gws have Port Adelaide the game after
    Perhaps after that when we play
    St kilda and gws play Geelong bitj the Swans and GWS return to Melbourne if things clear up there

Quote Originally Posted by joeykanga View Post
    Very true of course
    Was more saying that we’d lost a very important advantage considering we’d already moved from Sydney
    Ps don’t GWS always turn up to play us well certainly in recent memory
    Except last year when we smashed them at Optus Stadium. Possibly my favourite game of 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by Markwebbos View Post
    Except last year when we smashed them at Optus Stadium. Possibly my favourite game of 2020.
    Yes!! It was glorious. It was great for us Perth Swansfans to see them live. Dylan Stephens had a good game and seemed set to launch ):

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast