Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast

Thread: Changes for Round 18 v GWS @ Metricon Stadium Gold Coast, Sun 18 July 6.10pm

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Maybe they can cut 2 teams from our bloated competition to save some money?
    Yes please. I propose we get rid of hawthorn and west coast.

- - - Updated - - -

Is it time to amend the thread title?
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I wonder who they send DeBoer to?

Mills or Parker, because they drive so much at the source; or a Dawson, because of what he does on the outside. They tend to send him inside, but will be fascinating to watch.
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Yes please. I propose we get rid of hawthorn and west coast Carlton.
    West Coast suck. But Carlton are worse; and Melbourne is over-saturated with AFL teams.

Quote Originally Posted by snajik View Post
    Y
    Is it time to amend the thread title?
    Yes, I second that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I wonder who they send DeBoer to?

Mills or Parker, because they drive so much at the source; or a Dawson, because of what he does on the outside. They tend to send him inside, but will be fascinating to watch.
    We don't know if DeBoer is playing yet any more than we do with Stephens, right?
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    West Coast suck. But Carlton are worse; and Melbourne is over-saturated with AFL teams.

Surely North Melbourne first? Way too many Melb teams

Senior Player
    [QUOTE=bloodspirit;823816]West Coast suck. But Carlton are worse; and Melbourne is over-saturated with AFL teams.

Carlton was my most despised team for decades, with Collingwood a close second (second last?). Then along came 2015, and Carlton leapfrogged Collingwood, Hawthorn, North, West Coast and Fremantle on the back of the lamentable behaviour of the fans of these five teams. Since the inception of the salary cap and the draft, their collection of wooden spoons and the demise of john elliot, its disinterest in stealing our players or our right to a team, Carlton haven't been nearly as obnoxious as it was back in the 70s, 80s and 90s in my estimation.
    It's very hard to live in a studio apartment in San Jose with a man who's learning to play violin. That's what she told the police when she handed them the empty revolver.
    The Scarlatti Tilt - Richard Brautigan

GWS are a great team burdened by a rubbish coach. His coaching "moves" work once every 3 or 4 games, so we'd be unlucky to find ourselves in a game where he flukes it right.

Conversely, we have the best coaching panel of any club.

We should win.

Quote Originally Posted by longmile View Post
    Surely North Melbourne first?
    Realistically, yes. In my dreams, no.
    All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated, and well supported in logic and argument than others. -Douglas Adams, author (11 Mar 1952-2001)

Veterans List
    I just bought my ticket. It seems like they are herding us all into a tight area behind the goal with the rest of the stands being "unavailable".

Quote Originally Posted by bloodspirit View Post
    Realistically, yes. In my dreams, no.
    You'd think that GCS and North would be the first to go. GCS has been a basket case since being established. Despite GWS not having as many season members/fans as the AFL may of hoped by now, you'd say they are a lot more established and respected than GCS.

Send Hawks to Tassie as well and then we're starting to get a national comp.

I think the AFL have invested too much in the Suns for it to fail. Plus they want to grow the game and spread it to a bigger national audience. The Gold Coast has a substantial population that is a growth market for the AFL. If they can grow the market they get repaid in spades by the broadcast deals etc. That's why the Swans have been so great for the AFL - without our success their broadcast deals wouldn't be anywhere near as juicy. They are going to persevere. Any reductions in the number of clubs have to come from the Melbourne clubs I think, although it could be by moving them e.g. to Tasmania.

Suspended by the MRP
    No changes

Good stuff! Stick with a winning formula; reward success. Hopefully those being made to wait are just going to get hungrier and better.

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast