Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Changes to R22 Against North Melbourne

Regular in the Side
    Blog Entries
    I would like to see Franklin have a rest. Looked very tired on Saturday night. Good time to give Logan Mcdonald a run at FF. Stephens was terrible, has to go. Time to bring back Warner or Campbell. RB looks like he is carrying an Injury, hopefully Mills returns.

Veterans List
    Don't risk Mills in any way.

If Warner and Campbell are best 22 then they have to come in as there's only two games before finals.

Does Buddy get a rest this week which would then give him a fortnight between games then another fortnight between games.

No VFL games is hurting us. Match Committee will make the right calls.

My feeling on Buddy is that he can continue if fit given there is a week off before finals.

Veterans List
    Was there a VFL game or a scratch match on the weekend? I guess this will determine whether Warner comes in.

I haven't heard anything about how bad the Mills injury is. If there is any doubt he won't be risked. I know from experience how long it takes to recover from even a small Achilles tear.

We win a number of games in a row, then lose one game. Apparently that means its time for wholesale changes based on the comments by some above. I don't see that happening. A couple of changes is all that is likely to happen, especially given that those missing out currently have limited practice games due to Covid/returning from injury.

I thought Mills injury is a tendon injury that flared up due to too much rest / lack of load stuck in a hotel room. So he actually needs to do more not less to recover,

Otherwise we surely need to find the players that are finals capable.

Which has to mean Stephens goes.

I’d love to have another look at the Chad, Logan, Amartey and Melican. Not sure the MC will though.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by SwanSand View Post
    Out - experimentation. Time for this is done. We need stability now on.
    In - Playing players in their best positions. Dawson wing, Gulden half forward, JMac wing, Blakey HB, Hewett midfield.

Replace - Stephens with Warner. Wicks with Campbell.

On notice - Rowbottom - out if Mills fit.

Question - Is Sam Reid providing or will he provide better structure in the finals or Amartey?
    Brilliant.

Keep it simple.

Assuming Warner had another run on the weekend and they are comfortable he is fit
    Warner, Mills in.

Stephens, Rowbottom out.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilbr View Post
    We win a number of games in a row, then lose one game. Apparently that means its time for wholesale changes based on the comments by some above. I don't see that happening. A couple of changes is all that is likely to happen, especially given that those missing out currently have limited practice games due to Covid/returning from injury.
    Changes need to happen.

Rowbottom, Stephens and Wicks are not deserving of a place in next weeks team.

Not sure on Mills fitness, but I think Chad and Campbell can definitely give more than the above three.

I said it's time to bring Melican for Fox a fortnight ago to rebalance the backline and got told off. It's the right move and needed with footy left before finals.

Mills if right for Rowbottom. Unfortunate for him, he's had two games that aren't fair to judge him by, but it's like you like.

Warner should be good now, and in for Stephens.

Anyone else would just be for a rest.

Mills and Warner for Stephens and Rowbottom would be my changes.

Buddy might need a rest. Would be keen to see McLean come in for him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    Changes need to happen.

Rowbottom, Stephens and Wicks are not deserving of a place in next weeks team.

Not sure on Mills fitness, but I think Chad and Campbell can definitely give more than the above three.
    I think we all know you don’t rate these players.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast