Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Finals Week 1; the other games. Tasmania, home of football!

Quote Originally Posted by 09183305 View Post
    Fair call, unless you’re BS, in which case unfair call

But of course you were right with the big difference between a trainer and a physio as an occupation! An important correction to make
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

Quote Originally Posted by mcs View Post
    How many times do I not need to politely suggest without saying to @@@@ off, before I simply have to say - @@@@ off!

You can bleat till the cows come home, and all one has to say is - his first wife was in exactly the same circumstances. She went through all the same pain as him, yet he chose to do what he chose to do. Imagine what the pain and suffering did to her - and then to have that on top.

But hey, he is the one that deserves empathy.......
    In the words of Tom Cruise “MCS, put your manners back in.

The Rohan story is very complex for all parties. MCS, if you have a personal connection to the parties say so and I’ll apologise and back down.

I'm so glad Rohan doesn't play for us anymore. I'd be livid if I was a Geelong supporter.

Quote Originally Posted by Bangalore Swans View Post
    In the words of Tom Cruise “MCS, put your manners back in.

The Rohan story is very complex for all parties. MCS, if you have a personal connection to the parties say so and I’ll apologise and back down.
    I am fully entitled to feel zero empathy for him, and its a perfectly rational and logical position to take, as I outlined.

Likewise, even though i think its highly irrational, if you want to show empathy for people such as Rohan and Carey, go for your life. Just drop the preaching and trying to tell others how they should think. Its nauseating to say the least - you are not the one from 'up high' who knows better than anyone else.

I will disagree till the cows come home and argue against it, but nowhere will I say you are not entitled to hold whatever opinion you want. So why dont you start doing the same and recognise that your world view is not the 'absolute' and there is no need for you to try and talk everyone around to it.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

How dare you. Unless you have been through what Rohan had been through, you can’t judge.

We don’t know what Gary was going through in 2020. Easy to judge Gary from the easy lenses of thriving middle class families which is what most Swans fans fall into.

Have some empathy and apologie at once.
    WTAF?! How dare I state that it was the club physio (as I seem to recall it was)??

I dare, Sir, I dare! If it defends the virtues of the innocent trainers.

Nor did my statement judge Gary in any way. It was a correcting statement of fact that was in no way judging of the actions of any party.

Your only correct statement was that I cannot imagine what it’s like to lose a child. I cannot imagine what it’s like to be released from a Club. I cannot imagine what it’s like to have my marriage breakdown for whatever the reason and have it played out in the public eye. I cannot imagine what it’s like to start a new relationship while my ex- publicly disparages my actions.

However, I simply cannot fathom how you extrapolated any of that from my post of Wasn’t it the club physio?

So who do you want me to apologise to? Gary? I’m not sure what for (based on my original comment) … how about this … Sorry Gary for stating that it was a physio and not a trainer. Or am I apologising to the physio … sorry physio for … umm I’m really not sure what for, but I’m glad the WAGS have welcomed you back into the fold to watch Gary’s games with his kids (as was well publicised). Or am I apologising to you? Sorry BS for inciting a BS retort from you, funny little fellow

WTAF?! How dare I state that it was the club physio (as I seem to recall it was)??

Nor did my statement judge Gary in any way. It was a correcting statement of fact that was in no way judging of the actions of any party.

Your only correct statement was that I cannot imagine what it’s like to lose a child. I cannot imagine what it’s like to be released from a Club. I cannot imagine what it’s like to have my marriage breakdown for whatever the reason and have it played out in the public eye. I cannot imagine what it’s like to start a new relationship while my ex- publicly disparages my actions.

However, I simply cannot fathom how you extrapolated any of that from my post of Wasn’t it the club physio?

So who do you want me to apologise to? Gary? I’m not sure what for (based on my original comment) … how about this … Sorry Gary for stating that it was a physio and not a trainer. Or am I apologising to the physio … sorry physio for … umm I’m really not sure what for, but I’m glad the WAGS have welcomed you back into the fold to watch Gary’s games with his kids (as was well publicised). Or am I apologising to you? Sorry BS for inciting a BS retort from you, funny little fellow
    I'm pretty sure it was a misdirected rant mate aimed at me, not you, just with the wrong quote included! BS has had a few scotches you see..... perhaps he needs to have a few more.....

I dont want your apology BS, shove it where the sun doesn't shine.

I am fully entitled to feel zero empathy for him, and its a perfectly rational and logical position to take, as I outlined.

Likewise, even though i think its highly irrational, if you want to show empathy for people such as Rohan and Carey, go for your life. Just drop the preaching and trying to tell others how they should think. Its nauseating to say the least.
    It’s not about you apologising.

It’s about me apologising to you if you have a dircect connection to the Rohan story. I’m making a moral judgment to show empathy to the man.

If you have a personal connection to the Rohan story I will apologise to you and stand down.

I personally don’t have a connection to the Rohan story.

I'm pretty sure it was a misdirected rant mate aimed at me, not you, just with the wrong quote included! BS has had a few scotches you see..... perhaps he needs to have a few more.....
    Oh that clears it up. Then scratch all those other apologies and replace them with “I’m sorry to have got entangled in your little spat mcs”. Caveated with I’m not judging Gary, the physio, any of Gary’s family … or his pets just for good measure … or mcs

It’s not about you apologising.

It’s about me apologising to you if you have a dircect connection to the Rohan story. I’m making a moral judgment to show empathy to the man.

If you have a personal connection to the Rohan story I will apologise to you and stand down.

I personally don’t have a connection to the Rohan story.
    What does having a personal connection to anything have to do with it?? I have zero connection to the story, but my opinion is more than enough of the facts of the story are publicly known to allow any person to form their reasonable opinion of it.

Your opinion is that he deserves empathy. Mine is that he, nor Carey, deserve any.

The difference is nowhere have I tried to preach to suggest that one view or the other is wrong.

I will disagree with your position, and argue against it - but I've never said its wrong. Your the one that always thinks your view is the 'correct' one, and its your mission to somehow convert others to your thinking.

Drop that attitude more broadly, and you'll find far less pushback on most of your posts. You are just another random username on the internet, not a higher being.

Ok. I apologie to you. I only want comments to be nice and give everyone the benefit of the doubt.

I’ve had too many Scotches.

Oh that clears it up. Then scratch all those other apologies and replace them with “I’m sorry to have got entangled in your little spat mcs”. Caveated with I’m not judging Gary, the physio, any of Gary’s family … or his pets just for good measure … or mcs
    Hahaha no worries!

I've quite enjoyed the bout of (in my opinion only) irrational thought patterns to add as an extra delight on to a good night of seeing the Cats choke again in a final!

What does having a personal connection to anything have to do with it?? I have zero connection to the story, but my opinion is more than enough of the facts of the story are publicly known to allow any person to form their reasonable opinion of it.

Your opinion is that he deserves empathy. Mine is that he, nor Carey, deserve any.

The difference is nowhere have I tried to preach to suggest that one view or the other is wrong.

I will disagree with your position, and argue against it - but I've never said its wrong. Your the one that always thinks your view is the 'correct' one, and its your mission to somehow convert others to your thinking.

Drop that attitude more broadly, and you'll find far less pushback on most of your posts. You are just another random username on the internet, not a higher being.
    Ok. If I met you in person MCS my impression of you is that you’d be a terrific bloke to have a beer with and talk football.

Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast