Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Sam Reid is the Key Defender we need!

Out of Bounds on the Full Goal Sneak's Avatar
    I've listed our defenders by height, then weight to be able to compare a little easier. Figures were taken directly off the Swans Website, I had to Google for Paddy.
    Attachment 2335

I thought it was interesting that Sam and Paddy, the two newest defenders are the biggest. I was a bit surprised to see just how similar Tom McCartin and Gould were.
    Does this list change any thinking as to who is best suited to be our third tall?

* and Gould (oops)

He should get a few games the year! And hopefully more in future years.

Quote Originally Posted by Goal Sneak View Post
    I've listed our defenders by height, then weight to be able to compare a little easier. Figures were taken directly off the Swans Website, I had to Google for Paddy.
    Attachment 2335

I thought it was interesting that Sam and Paddy, the two newest defenders are the biggest. I was a bit surprised to see just how similar Tom McCartin and Gould were.
    Does this list change any thinking as to who is best suited to be our third tall?
    If anyone thinks Sam is going to be the answer to our prayers as a key defender they forget he is over 30. Paddy, 26, Tom, 22, Will Gould, 21, Barry O'Connor, 23, Lewis Melican, 25. These are the future. Ramps, as good as he is, and Sam are over 30 and are there to teach the young guys. Sir Dane said his main mission at the moment is to teach the gounger guys. As usual totally selfless.

Sent from my JAT-L29 using Tapatalk

Lots of competition for that key defender role which is great as its really up for grabs.

Quote Originally Posted by wolftone57 View Post
    If anyone thinks Sam is going to be the answer to our prayers as a key defender they forget he is over 30. Paddy, 26, Tom, 22, Will Gould, 21, Barry O'Connor, 23, Lewis Melican, 25. These are the future. Ramps, as good as he is, and Sam are over 30 and are there to teach the young guys. Sir Dane said his main mission at the moment is to teach the gounger guys. As usual totally selfless.

This thread was started in August last year. I don't think anyone is stating he's the answer to our prayers right now. It was more that we just got confirmation that he will be defending this season. He'll be a depth player but could play a role for us when needed. Handy player to have around... IF he can stay injury-free.

This thread was started in August last year. I don't think anyone is stating he's the answer to our prayers right now. It was more that we just got confirmation that he will be defending this season. He'll be a depth player but could play a role for us when needed. Handy player to have around... IF he can stay injury-free.
    Agree. But I think the end is near and he sees the final curtain.

Yes, as you said, very much a teaching role this season.

My original image was invalid, I've had another go after a tip from neilfws, thanks again.

https://i.postimg.cc/mrTgGbwN/Swans-Defence.jpg

My original image was invalid, I've had another go after a tip from neilfws, thanks again.

https://i.postimg.cc/mrTgGbwN/Swans-Defence.jpg
    Campbell is no longer training with the defenders. So I doubt he will be wasted down there.

Campbell is no longer training with the defenders. So I doubt he will be wasted down there.

Good point, for the most part it was taken from the Swans website. The only additions were Sam (who is still listed as a forward) and Paddy who is not listed at all.

Thanks for the "actual' data - it sure shows what an extraordinary player Rampe has been at that height and weight.

But more, much more than this he did it Sam’s way

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast