Thread: Lakeside Oval 1978

Lakeside Oval 1978

Found this short YouTube footage of the Lakeside Oval showing the wooden grandstand and outer scoreboard. Think it's a scene from the tv show Cop Shop edited with tune "Lakeside" from Australian Crawl. Very cool!

P.S. I think this would've been a good pre-match sing along if we were still playing there in another universe!

Lakeside, Lakeside, Lakeside Oval 1978. - YouTube

Outer wing, Lake Oval Sandridge's Avatar
    Thank goodness that grandstand is still there, although slightly different now.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by KSAS View Post
    Found this short YouTube footage of the Lakeside Oval showing the wooden grandstand and outer scoreboard. Think it's a scene from the tv show Cop Shop edited with tune "Lakeside" from Australian Crawl. Very cool!

P.S. I think this would've been a good pre-match sing along if we were still playing there in another universe!

Lakeside, Lakeside, Lakeside Oval 1978. - YouTube
    South Melbourne Cricket club bar in the footage. Produced a lot of test cricketers - Hassett, Redpath, Johnson, Connolly, Nash, Meckiff, Miller, Armstrong amongst them. Now Casey-Sth Melbourne

Warming the Bench
    Those were the days all we need now is the fountain with lions heads plus the cockatoo oh the memories

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckie View Post
    Those were the days all we need now is the fountain with lions heads plus the cockatoo oh the memories
    Cockatoo etched in my memory as a young child. When it started dropping the magic word too often around women and kids, bar attendant would put a blanket over the cage to shut it up. Early sixties I reckon.

Senior Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Blood Fever View Post
    Cockatoo etched in my memory as a young child. When it started dropping the magic word too often around women and kids, bar attendant would put a blanket over the cage to shut it up. Early sixties I reckon.
    Ditto.

Sent from my SM-T865 using Tapatalk
    We have them where we want them, everything is going according to plan!