Page 88 of 198 FirstFirst ... 387884858687888990919298138188 ... LastLast
Results 1,045 to 1,056 of 2366

Thread: 2022 List management, trading, drafting

I think Taylor will be cut too. Be interesting to see if he returns to the VFL team for the final after being 'managed' for the game on the weekend (At least that is what I had seen as the reason). Such a shame his career has never lived up to the promise early on.
    "You get the feeling that like Monty Python's Black Knight, the Swans would regard amputation as merely a flesh wound."

I realise there is a lot of love for Gould's potential and or a close alignment to his draft hi lights reel................but I have to say i dont think he is an answer for our back 7 rotation in the near future unless we see a significant change to his attention to detail.

At 191cm you have to be a special defender ie super quick and or elite one on one brute ...........or usually both

I suspect we are thinking in the coaching dept that if Rampe, McCartins x 2 go down there must be a better solution ?
    "be tough, only when it gets tough"

Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post
    I realise there is a lot of love for Gould's potential and or a close alignment to his draft hi lights reel................but I have to say i dont think he is an answer for our back 7 rotation in the near future unless we see a significant change to his attention to detail.

At 191cm you have to be a special defender ie super quick and or elite one on one brute ...........or usually both

I suspect we are thinking in the coaching dept that if Rampe, McCartins x 2 go down there must be a better solution ?
    What about Callum Wilkie at 191 cm and 88 kgs? He played well on Buddy. And made the AA 44 squad. Wilkie is an excellent defender and always plays undersized. He doesn't have the speed or kick of Gould.

I would guarantee Gould a fair shot at making the seniors next season, even if it means moving Blakey to the wing until Rampe retires, and we will see after that. I'm not sure if he can be a key defender or limited to forwards more his height. The VFL isn't quite the place to find out.

Veteran Site Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Ludwig View Post
    What about Callum Wilkie at 191 cm and 88 kgs?
    Or, indeed, Dane Rampe who, at his peak, regularly took the scalps of much taller players.

(That said, watching 209cm Sam Darcy on Sunday afternoon was pretty scary.)

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    I didn't know where to put this so apologies mods if in the wrong spot.

But Rankine has officially taken the cash at Adelaide. But given the mooted size of the cheque, I hope Adelaide gets absolutely squeezed on draft picks.

Gold Coast Suns star Izak Rankine requests trade to Adelaide Crows
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Quote Originally Posted by i'm-uninformed2 View Post
    I didn't know where to put this so apologies mods if in the wrong spot.

But Rankine has officially taken the cash at Adelaide. But given the mooted size of the cheque, I hope Adelaide gets absolutely squeezed on draft picks.

Gold Coast Suns star Izak Rankine requests trade to Adelaide Crows
    Shame. Rankine has genuinely freakish abilities and I would've preferred him to stay with the Suns. And he might regret his decision, when the Suns start making finals, while the Crows are still stuck in a rut.

And yet people (mostly Victorians) will still bitch and moan about the academies for the "northern states" when it’s abundantly clear that they’re needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reefer Madness
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    And yet people (mostly Victorians) will still bitch and moan about the academies for the "northern states" when it’s abundantly clear that they’re needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    EXACTLY
    'Delicious' is a fun word to say

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadlyAkkuret View Post
    Can we get a comment from Maguire about this please?

Very disappointing for GC, Rankine did a lengthy press piece mid year about how much he loved it up there and he was staying. Enter the Cows with another $150k per year and it's suddenly the homesick card being played. Will cost Cows their first pick 5 (6) at least as they are not in a strong PSD threat position this year as last when we were robbed of Dawson.

Hope Gold Coast take them to the cleaners
    Quote Originally Posted by 707 View Post
    Can we get a comment from Maguire about this please?

Very disappointing for GC, Rankine did a lengthy press piece mid year about how much he loved it up there and he was staying. Enter the Cows with another $150k per year and it's suddenly the homesick card being played. Will cost Cows their first pick 5 (6) at least as they are not in a strong PSD threat position this year as last when we were robbed of Dawson.
    Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

The Crows are spending an awful lot of salary cap space on two players who aren’t superstars. Rankine might become one, but he’s a small forward, not a key piece of the puzzle. Dawson is an excellent player, but again, he’s not a key midfield driver.
    Adelaide run the risk of being in the Collingwood or GWS situation of having to pay people to play elsewhere. They’re going to have to stump up the dollars to keep Rachele and Thilthorpe, too.

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Veterans List
    Quote Originally Posted by Auntie.Gerald View Post

Would Gould's future likely be tied to Melican's intentions?